League Cup Second Round - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Second Round

Rangers started like a house of fire going three up after 15 minutes but pretty much laboured for the rest of the game until 5 minutes to go.

They spent most of the second half passing the ball about and doing fancy wee flicks but were going nowhere although to be fair the game was done.

Born again Lee Wallace was absolutely rotten all night and they looked a bit lightweight in centre midfield.I think a strong team will bully Rangers off the park.

Best two players were probably both the Spurs boys they have on loan.Although the winger has all the tricks I really liked the look of the big boy at the back.The Arsenal boy was okay but he was always looking for the superstar pass instead of doing the simple things.

The right back scored a ripper of a goal

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers started like a house of fire going three up after 15 minutes but pretty much laboured for the rest of the game until 5 minutes to go.

They spent most of the second half passing the ball about and doing fancy wee flicks but were going nowhere although to be fair the game was done.

Born again Lee Wallace was absolutely rotten all night and they looked a bit lightweight in centre midfield.I think a strong team will bully Rangers off the park.

Best two players were probably both the Spurs boys they have on loan.Although the winger has all the tricks I really liked the look of the big boy at the back.The Arsenal boy was okay but he was always looking for the superstar pass instead of doing the simple things.

The right back scored a ripper of a goal

Not sure we so much "laboured", more that the game was won and the players were trying different things. We stepped down a couple of gears after going 3 up early doors and Airdrie never really threatened at all.

Wallace was decent I thought and set up Shiels' goal. Maybe didn't get forward as much as recently but was rarely threatened defensively so extremely comfortable generally.

I suspect Oduwa and Zelalem might find themselves kicked into the air a lot this season...

Tavernier looks like a cracking signing.

Edited by thewolf_1980

The gap has narrowed so much between the Premiership and Championship that seeded/unseeded means nothing. Pretty much anybody in that draw can beat anybody else on their day.

Saying that, I'd prefer Livingston at home rather than Hearts away....

The gap has narrowed so much between the Premiership and Championship that seeded/unseeded means nothing. Pretty much anybody in that draw can beat anybody else on their day.

Saying that, I'd prefer Livingston at home rather than Hearts away....

True to an extent but as you point out there are still favourable home draws to be had.

Dunfermline away will be a hard one, should anyone get it. Flying right now.

True to an extent but as you point out there are still favourable home draws to be had.

True.

I suspect most unseeded teams would want to avoid Celtic and Aberdeen, and they'd fancy their chances against anyone else.

At this moment in time, I would fancy the Govan Galacticos against anyone, such is our brilliance.

I'm just concerned that they might arrange the games close to an international week such that there is a risk James Tavernier may come back injured after England duty.

True.

I suspect most unseeded teams would want to avoid Celtic and Aberdeen, and they'd fancy their chances against anyone else.

And hearts at Tyncastle I suppose?

As I said further up my preferred choice would be them or you boys. I know others won't agree but A game like that would really give us an indication as to where we are right now, I reckon.

How many other teams call their manager Mr xxxxx?

I am not the team. I have called him both Warburton and Mr Warburton in different posts. I do this with a lot of people's names.

It's just an expression. No need to start frothing at the mouth just yet.

Wait till we pump Killie out of one of the cups first. ?

I am not the team. I have called him both Warburton and Mr Warburton in different posts. I do this with a lot of people's names.

It's just an expression. No need to start frothing at the mouth just yet.

Wait till we pump Killie out of one of the cups first. ?

Funny I've never seen you use 'Mr Deila' m8? :) :)

Step too far I think :D

Edited by Angus_Young