Biggest Disappointment Following Scotland - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Biggest Disappointment Following Scotland

microdave

Bad and all as Italy at Hampden (in the rain) was, the worst was that Wales doon there (in the rain). I never want anything tae dae wae that country ever again.

I must be one of the few who wasn't overly bothered by the Wales result, I was at the stage where I just watched Levein out.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH after the game in Wales I was more angry that Levein was going to have his "get out of jail" card with the disallowed goal and Bale diving.......

In Edinburgh airport on route to Brussels, few of the journalist guys going out to Belgium were telling us that he had been told he was sacked after the game..... which majorly softened the blow with the gutless performance in Brussels where they had something like 20 shots on target before half time.

I'd have to say Prague for the 4-6-0. The only time I've left the ground and thought "what is the point? That feeling stayed with me until Levein got the boot.

Next would be Amsterdam for 6-0. Arrived at the game giving it "we could lose 2-1 and still go through." In the pub after the match no one spoke for about 3 quarters of an hour!

I'd have to say Prague for the 4-6-0. The only time I've left the ground and thought "what is the point? That feeling stayed with me until Levein got the boot.

Depressing night that. A 4-6 formation is fine if the team play accordingly, not lumping the ball up for Kenny Miller to chase (major flaw: he was on the bench).

Avril's jotters were guaranteed from then...

Edited by Toepoke

I think biggest disappointment, is losing some of the passengers on the journey - good few guys have passed away too young, who we have all known from the trips , very much a shame

I'm probably lucky in that I've not been to many away games so don't know the regulars. But have made plenty of friends from the ones I've been on and I guess that will be one of the sadder parts as the years go on.

I think biggest disappointment, is losing some of the passengers on the journey - good few guys have passed away too young, who we have all known from the trips , very much a shame

Very apt right now.

Next would be Amsterdam for 6-0. Arrived at the game giving it "we could lose 2-1 and still go through." In the pub after the match no one spoke for about 3 quarters of an hour!

There was quite a lot of 'no-one speaking for........x amount of time' in Amsterdam, but nothing to do with the result.