Footballs Back! - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Footballs Back!

Some of the Celtic players have only had 10 days off lol. Don't feel too sorry for them. Its the life of a modern day pro and they're well feckin paid for it!

I don't feel sorry for them, I just think that having inadequate rest and recovery time will adversely affect their performance over the course of the season.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other teams manage. Piss poor excuse.

Scottish teams continually make this type of excuse and it's just that. If they were professional enough it wouldn't be an issue.

Aye.

It's hard to take a lecture from a Rangers fan on clubs being 'professional'.

Some of the Celtic players have only had 10 days off lol. Don't feel too sorry for them. Its the life of a modern day pro and they're well feckin paid for it!

Celtic have a large squad packed with expensive players.

Even then, they weren't ready last season when they got pumped out of Europe twice in August.

I don't feel sorry for them I feel sorry for the fans who have to watch the poor lambs blowing out their arse after 30 minutes.

I agree Parky. So u prioritise and I would say getting to Europa group stages ranks pretty high for AFC...am I wrong?

Aberdeen have no chance of getting to the group stages.

We're up against a side next week that have beaten Stuttgart, Feyenoord and Standard Liege in the last couple of years, and just sold a player for 9 million quid.

If by some miracle we get past them, we'd still have to face 2 rounds against wealthy clubs before getting to the group stages.

We don't get rewarded for failure like Celtic and other losers in the Champions League do.

Yes, and the Macedonian team are out.

That doesn't take away from the fact that it's very difficult to go straight into a highly competitive European game on the back of 2 kick arounds against Brechin and St Johnstone reserves.

It was your choice not to have more warm up matches.

The st Johnstone result is disgraceful. There are welsh teams getting through ffs.

It's times like this the winter break makes sense. Do it after January 1st/2nd games for a month and allow the players a two week holiday.

There's nae UEFA games scheduled for January anyway.

Aye.

Even then, they weren't ready last season when they got pumped out of Europe twice in August.

Yeah and a manager who had been in post for about 8 weeks got pelters for it.

If we are playing the balance sheet cup again I'd wager the Macedonian budget would be dwarfed by that available to mcinnes

Edited by slasher

Aberdeen have no chance of getting to the group stages.

We're up against a side next week that have beaten Stuttgart, Feyenoord and Standard Liege in the last couple of years, and just sold a player for 9 million quid.

If by some miracle we get past them, we'd still have to face 2 rounds against wealthy clubs before getting to the group stages.

We don't get rewarded for failure like Celtic and other losers in the Champions League do.

Should try and win the league a bit harder then lol

The st Johnstone result is disgraceful. There are welsh teams getting through ffs.

The Welsh team were playing Valletta, who are utter pish. East Stirling would probably pump them.

Who do we play warm up games in June against that will get us up to speed for a competitive European game like that ?

It's times like this the winter break makes sense. Do it after January 1st/2nd games for a month and allow the players a two week holiday.

There's nae UEFA games scheduled for January anyway.

It';s a disgrace that last season went on as long as it did. It should have been finished 2 weeks before that. Scottish clubs playing in Europe get f*ck all help from the SPFL or SFA.

If we are playing the balance sheet cup again I'd wager the Macedonian/Croatian budget would be dwarfed by that available to mcinnes

The Macedonian team yes, I think Rijeka are financially backed.

Even then, the Macedonian team was full of internationalists that can play fitba. We've seen how easy it's been for Scotland to play Macedonia in the last few years.

Yeah and a manager who had been in post for about 8 weeks got pelters for it.

If we are playing the balance sheet cup again I'd wager the Macedonian budget would be dwarfed by that available to mcinnes

That mob have just made 3 huge signings (in their terms) of 2 or 3 international players,backed by a wealthy Russian, I believe,breaking the transfer record in the process.

I doubt Aberdeen will be doing that anytime soon,but you fire on talking shite.

It's quite amusing.

Horrendous but at least you are through. Who is the keeper btw? Unconvincing to say the least.

The bigger issue is the qualifying format in general. 8 games to try and make the group stages is a farce. They'll never change the seeding but they need to look at properly splitting the draw in half for the first couple of rounds. An East half and a west half or something. No benefits from some of the fixtures it throws up

Horrendous but at least you are through. Who is the keeper btw? Unconvincing to say the least.

The bigger issue is the qualifying format in general. 8 games to try and make the group stages is a farce. They'll never change the seeding but they need to look at properly splitting the draw in half for the first couple of rounds. An East half and a west half or something. No cockwomble benefits from some of the fixtures it throws up

Some boy on loan from Liverpool, i'm yet to be convinced by him.

Who do you play when everybody else is on holiday ?

Some Macadonian sides or were they also on holiday?

Judging by the fact the Dons played shite because of their holidays then obviously the opposition are well into their season?

Bring back the Cup Winners Vase. Sevilla played 19 games over ten months to win the Europa League two years ago. There's too many teams to have workable cups where clubs from smaller league have chance.

Restoring the third cup would help.

Did Celtic not get pumped out of Europe twice last season before the end of August ?

I can't remember the last time Rangers played in Europe, but they were probably shite as well.

In all fairness, Deila had been in the job for 5 minutes when the qualifiers came around. I'd guess a large part of the reason Lennon bailed is he knew that squad wasn't capable of making the CL.

You missed that we got out a tricky Europa League group & gave a decent account of ourselves against Inter over twa legs.

We haven't let anyone down in Europe - idiotic comments from Wright.

Aye.

Typical avoidance answer. The team I support has heehaw to do with the validity of my statement. Don't be a total tit.

I include Rangers in the teams making excuses about early exits.

Scottish teams are perennial underachievers in Europes early rounds.

There's no excuse other than they are either unprofessional or inadequate. They need to buck up or just stop entering the competition. It's not compulsory to enter you know.