Women's World Cup England V Canada - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's World Cup England V Canada

Jeez some folk are precious. If that were any Scotland team in a cup semi and Archie McPherson said "(Whoooof) we're 2 games away from winning" no one would bat an eyelid.

He'd probably say that if we won then all our pensions would be at risk. Utter cretin of a man.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez some folk are precious. If that were any Scotland team in a cup semi and Archie McPherson said "(Whoooof) we're 2 games away from winning" no one would bat an eyelid.

I remember the Spain away qualifier was shown on BBC Scotland and BBC England (I still don't know why) a couple of years ago. They had a separate commentary team for the English broadcast to avoid the usage of the word "we" to refer to Scotland, the reverse would never be true.

Squirrelhumper - Only one was competing but there was an assumption made that they would WIN the World Cup REGARDLESS of the potential opposition.The own goal was justice for the blatant dive made inside the box.England No 5 was tapped on her side then spun round to the ground screaming.Dare anyone in the studio say it was a dive?They would have been crucified.

Squirrelhumper - Only one was competing but there was an assumption made that they would WIN the World Cup REGARDLESS of the potential opposition.The own goal was justice for the blatant dive made inside the box.England No 5 was tapped on her side then spun round to the ground screaming.Dare anyone in the studio say it was a dive?They would have been crucified.

Pearce and I think it was Smith the commentators to be fair did say after a reply it wasn't a penalty

England did not in any way expect to win this world cup from everything I heard before & during it. The co-commentator also stated that it shouldn't have been a penalty almost as soon as it happened.

I spoke to my daughters coach last night who was in no way surprised that Steph Houghton had dived for the penalty - she apparently has a reputation for it which dissapointed me as she's captain of Man City's ladies team.