Silly Things You Did As A Kid/teenager - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Silly Things You Did As A Kid/teenager

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a relatively well behaved lad when I was at school however as some teenagers are want to do I dabbled with recreational drugs, namely acid. Nothing to unusual in that however one morning in 5th year (I think) I had taken delivery of the weekends supplies. A few people knew about this and after a bit of goading me and a mate inexplicably thought it would be a good idea to drop a tab in class. Even more inexplicably I managed to make it through one morning class, going home for lunch (my Mum was in) and then the whole afternoon classes tripping out my tits without any teachers noticing. Every person in our classes knew we were tripping and were just waiting for us to get caught out and watching with baited breath (which didn't help the associated paranoia that comes from dropping acid!). I particularly remember trying to get from one class to the next and it seemed like the entire school was walking the opposite way down the corridor from me. Checking back the few scribbled notes I'd managed to take in the afternoon classes the next day was something of an eye opener.

Looking back on that it was really out of character for me as a kid. I was a "good boy", in school any way, and never got in or caused any real bother. If we'd been caught we'd surely have been expelled and my parents would have been devastated. Not my proudest moment.

My mates older brother used to take acid, he would draw loads of pictures.

Some pretty crazy shit.

Bizarrely he knew I apriciated these drawings so he used to post them through my letter box.

It was always a race to get to them before my Mum picked them up.

Wish I had kept hold of them, as they were proper mental.

J

During the summer holidays we would camp out the back door and spend the night wandering about the streets at 2am. As we got older the 'camping out' was now down the local woods and would now involve smoking and rummaging through folks garages. Amazing the amount of folk who had freezers and beer fridges in their (unlocked) garages. We never went overboard with the 'borrowing' just the odd can of cider here and chocolate gateaux there.

One of the funniest stunts was we borrowed a neighbours lawnmower, pushed it down the public park and mowed patterns across the football pitches until it ran out of petrol. We then pushed it back and put it back in his hut. It was like our version of the crop circles.

We had a neighbour who was a bit of a bellend, so one night we sat in his greenhouse for about 2 hours, drinking beer and smoking fags. We then stole every tomato from the greenhouse.

The camping out came to an abrupt end when 2 of my mates got absolutely steamboats on Kestrel Super (the black can). One of them fell over and injured himself. We left him lying in the middle of the public park for about 2 hours before coming to the conclusion he might actually be really hurt. We had to phone an ambulance and then go to his parents house at 3am. Turns out he had broken his collar bone.

Guy I used to work beside years ago told me of a story of a classmate of his who hated his teacher that much that, during a break, he decided to sneak back into the classroom to take a shite in said teachers briefcase. Unfortunately, the teacher made an unexpected visit back to the classroom just as the guttersnipe was in the process of finishing crimping one off.

Manky bassa.

Ooooooft where do I start!!!! When I was about 11/12 my toast was taking to long in the toaster, so I stuck a knife in to flick it out........ What a bang!!! As my mum keeps reminding me I'm lucky to be alive, thank god for old school wooden handles on knives!

Some of the stuff we got up to verged on mental. Kids don't seem as daft these days as they spend all their time indoors.

There is one decent story and I hope I can do it justice...

When I started at high school (in Preston) there was this lad that moved from Blackpool over the summer and as a result, didn't know anyone. He came from a hard family and had two big brothers, who I suspect had been winding him up all summer about how he'd get picked on / beaten up because he was from Blackpool and Preston hates Blackpool and all that. Anyway, this lad wasn't the kind of kid that got bullied because he was pretty handy himself and liked a fight. When he joined the school he seemed determined to strike out first before anyone got to him and in the first week he'd hit about 5 people in the year and put one lads head through a locker. As I didn't want to be on the wrong end of this kid, I quickly became friends with him and he ended up becoming one of my good friends. He did calm down a bit after that first week.

My new friend lived in a big house with a lot of land. He had a lot more freedom from his parents than I did so I'd often stay at his and we'd go hunting for rabbits (never got any), fishing (never caught anything), camping and boozing. It was great for me as I had a good mate and I was suddenly allowed drink and shoot a gun. Happy days!! There were another two lads that we hung around with and a load of others that came in and out the group. We got up to some daft stuff that usually 11-13 years get up to.

Anyway, to get back to the story. One day, my mate brought in his pellet gun to school and the obvious thing to do was make paper bullets and fire them at people. A fat kid in front of us in French got one in his back; the French teacher got a couple her way; a girl on the bus got hit on the back of the leg; and of course we all shot each other. These paper bullets stung but I don't think they could have done any damage. It was daft and we shouldn't have done it.

A few days later, the 4 of us were all pulled out of our lessons and 'interviewed' by the head of year. The fat kid in French had told his mum and she'd rightly made a complaint. Somehow, and I still don't know how, I avoided suspension but the other three didn't and got three days off school. I did get a phone call home in which I had to prepare my parents for. The conversation went something like this -

ME: I nearly got suspended at school today.

DAD: If you had been suspended, you would be suspended - from a rope.

A week later and the other three are back. We never did anything quite like that again but other things we did include taking the ladder away from the sports hall when the caretaker was at the top; moving the lockers to different buildings; spaying enough fart gas in the science labs to close them for an afternoon with one girl being sent home sick and other petty stuff to help get through the hell that is high school.

So, I'd pretty much forgotten about the this story until I met one of my friends (one of the 3 that got suspended but not the one from Blackpool) for a few drinks for my birthday. He has been inspired by that event to turn it into a business and is in the early stages of launching a build it yourself paper-shooting gun. He's working with NERF designers and is close to launching a "highly innovative build-it-yourself Cardboard blaster that shoots 'soft splat' paper ammo up to 65 feet". They are currently raising money on kickstater but have already smashed the target.

Kickstarter: PaperShootersâ„¢: Build a Cardboard Blaster that Shoots Paper!

Watch the video -

If those teachers investigated that incident had been told that one day it could be turned into a business, I don't think they'd have believed it.

Let me know if anyone buys one. It could make a great present for fathers day!!

Hair dye comes in an unsealed pack with a pair of gloves, a developer fluid/cream, and the colour tube. We used to swap all the colour tubes in our local Boots. Unfortunately we were not able to see the results of our labours, can only imagine.

Hair dye comes in an unsealed pack with a pair of gloves, a developer fluid/cream, and the colour tube. We used to swap all the colour tubes in our local Boots. Unfortunately we were not able to see the results of our labours, can only imagine.

So that explains ginger pubes?

We never went overboard with the 'borrowing' just the odd chocolate gateaux there..

Having a good wee giggle at this thread but the above sentence for some reason made me burst out laughing. Somehow putting chocolate gateau and a young team stealing, sorry 'borrowing', (!!) together makes me laugh.

:-)))))

I went to Wallace High in Stirling and every year we'd get rugby whe nthe schoolswent back after summer. We would run about the pitch with bread bags looking for magic mushrooms.

Those playing fields were a gold mine for magic mushrooms. Fist mushrooms I ever had were picked from that very same field!

Years back I'd spent one Sunday afternoon drinking in the boozer. An older chick started flirting with me. Not the bonniest but older all the same. Me being young and a head full of swally I really fancied a bang at it. So, after an hour or so she invited me up to hers. The whole night was just a drunken rumble around in her pit. All sorts going on. I mind thinking she was manky. Looking back it's just that she was older. Anyway, the morning arrives and I need to make my work. I leave at 7am. I take a walk from hers across the South Inch(big Perth playing fields) where there are lots of dog walkers and early morning runners. I arrive at my flat in the town centre. I nip upstairs to change into work clothes quickly. Not any time for a wash or anything. On the way into work I nip into Tesco for something for my pieces. Whilst wandering through the aisles I'm getting some awffy stares. I arrive at work to mates in the work yard asking what the hell I'd been upto and to take a look in the mirror. So, off I popped to the loo, look in the mirror and notice around my gub was all covered in red, crusty, conjealed fanny blood. The cow must've been on her bad week. Only me being drunk would never had noticed the taste! Nae wonder every ####er in Tesco was staring at me!

Years back I'd spent one Sunday afternoon drinking in the boozer. An older chick started flirting with me. Not the bonniest but older all the same. Me being young and a head full of swally I really fancied a bang at it. So, after an hour or so she invited me up to hers. The whole night was just a drunken rumble around in her pit. All sorts going on. I mind thinking she was manky. Looking back it's just that she was older. Anyway, the morning arrives and I need to make my work. I leave at 7am. I take a walk from hers across the South Inch(big Perth playing fields) where there are lots of dog walkers and early morning runners. I arrive at my flat in the town centre. I nip upstairs to change into work clothes quickly. Not any time for a wash or anything. On the way into work I nip into Tesco for something for my pieces. Whilst wandering through the aisles I'm getting some awffy stares. I arrive at work to mates in the work yard asking what the hell I'd been upto and to take a look in the mirror. So, off I popped to the loo, look in the mirror and notice around my gub was all covered in red, crusty, conjealed fanny blood. The cow must've been on her bad week. Only me being drunk would never had noticed the taste! Nae wonder every ####er in Tesco was staring at me!

Some things are better left unsaid...

Never heard of a Rector at school either

My school had a rector.

The old school teachers still had capes in my day - Mr Fairbairn, Mr Reid and Miss McMillan are the ones I can remember. Mr Harvie (the heidie - nicknamed 'Boss Hogg') only donned it on special occasions.

Aye, I've still got it!!