Champion's League Final - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champion's League Final

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Section 7 of the T&C states:

Where any term of the offer or promotion is breached or there is any evidence of a series of bets placed by a customer or group of customers, which due to a deposit bonus, enhanced payments, free bets, risk free bets or any other promotional offer results in guaranteed customer profits irrespective of the outcome, whether individually or as part of a group, bet365 reserves the right to reclaim the bonus element of such offers and in their absolute discretion either settle bets at the correct odds, void the free and risk free bets or void any bet funded by the deposit bonus. In addition bet365 reserve the right to levy an administration charge on the customer up to the value of the deposit bonus, free bet, risk free bet or additional payment to cover administrative costs. We further reserve the right to ask any customer to provide sufficient documentation for us to be satisfied in our absolute discretion as to the customer's identity prior to us crediting any bonus, free bet, risk free bet or offer to their account.

I made a risk free 20 quid off them the first time they ran the promotion. However, I don't think they had that particular section in the T&C at the time.

What does it actually mean ?

It means if you do what everyone has been doing and take advantage of the risk free bet to put yourself in a no lose situation then they reserve the right to withdraw the special offer (the risk free in play bet).

Feck - do you think they actually would ? A bit weird to make these offers and threaten to withdraw it because someone actually wins ?!

They won't withdraw it you win money by betting on the correct outcome. For example, if you put separate bets on Messi scoring and Barca winning they would honour the bets.

However, they reserve the right to withdraw it if you use the promotional offer to guarantee a profit by covering all outcomes. For example, betting on Barca pre match then using the free bet to bet on a Juve win or a draw.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure that condition has always been in.

I don't think it was there for the quarter final match they ran this promotion on as I specifically looked for it before I placed my bet. I may have just missed it though...

It was definitely there for the semi finals.

Edited by Stokesy

I don't think it was there for the quarter final match they ran this promotion on as I specifically looked for it before I placed my bet. I may have just missed it though...

It was definitely there for the semi finals.

They've run this promotion many, many times. That condition has always been there.

What are the odds on 4-0 Barca? With Chiellini out, that's Juve's best defender missing and can see a replica of the Spain v Italy Euro 2012 final, obviously with different teams.

Ive done the either team to win then the draw for the last few as have a fair few others and nothings been done about it so its all good. Worst that happens is you lose a 365 account and ye can make a new one.

They've run this promotion many, many times. That condition has always been there.

It has indeed.

If you are worried about being caught at 365 then hedge your qualifier somewhere else. Ive just backed Barca -1 on AH at 365 at 2.10 and backed Juve +1 at Marathonbet at 1.98. Make approx £2 profit whatever happens on the qualifier and gives me a free £50 in play bet.

Might just go for it this time...

First half goals..

Under 2.5 @ 1/12 = £4.16 profit

Over 2.5 @ 7/1 = £300 profit :lol:

Stuff like this I say no chance and then it happens so you might have roped me into it

As someone who probably bets more than they should - and regularly uses bet365 - i'd like to try and re-assure folks that the bet365 offer is no scam and that there are genuine (and undoubtedly profitable) motives behind these free bet offers.

Please don't be deluded and think it's only a matter of time "before they catch on".

The reality is that for everyone who places a "no lose" combination of bets, there are probably 10 "regular customers" who use the risk free bet on the off-chance they can make serious money. Most will lose, some will win, but the bookies will have succeeded in attracting enough pre-match "qualifying bets" to make a significant profit. They will also attract a large number of people to open new accounts to take advantage of the offer, many of whom will start to use these accounts regularly.

So if its a no-lose bet your after, fill yer boots !

p.s. there are however a couple of things to watch out for, which aren't made explicitly clear in the promotional emails.

1) qualifying pre-match bets must only be single bets (not accumulators), otherwise your in-play bet won't be risk free.

2) if you cash out your pre-match qualifying bet at any point, your in-play bet won't be risk-free.

The strict t&c's are simply to cover their backs. I've been caught out on both points before, but argued that the promotional emails i'd received had specified nothing about cashing out - or single bets only - and got my in-play stakes refunded as a "goodwill gesture". Worth bearing in mind if you do get in a position where you don't receive your refund.

So go for it and good luck ! (Barca to lift trophy and Barca -1 in-play for me).