Really Looking Forward To This Trip - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Really Looking Forward To This Trip

I am really looking forward to this trip; Germany was my first ever away and it was fantastic. This time we have a team playing good football, we are in good place at half-way with a good chance and we will be en masse in Dublin with the Ireland fans. What a weekend it will surely be.

Germany was my first qualifier too. Done the London Freindlies. Poland was superb and expecting Ireland to be even better. No idea why I never started these trips before now. Well worth the money and stress of booking things.

I am really looking forward to this trip; Germany was my first ever away and it was fantastic. This time we have a team playing good football, we are in good place at half-way with a good chance and we will be en masse in Dublin with the Ireland fans. What a weekend it will surely be.

Germany was my first qualifier too. Done the London Freindlies. Poland was superb and expecting Ireland to be even better. No idea why I never started these trips before now. Well worth the money and stress of booking things.

Germany was but a luke-warm version of what Dublin will be.

Must say, now that it's just over a week away, I'm getting more excited now. Only my sixth away game (Holland, Wales twice, Brazil and England) and never been to Dublin so really looking forward to it.

I'm out in town Thursday night.

Where you going ?

We're staying near the printworks, so probably down that area. I've never been but i think there's a lot of pubs/clubs down there, many of which seem to do a 5-9pm happy hour :)

Absolutely buzzing about this. Booked months ago and then basically completely forgot about it until this week, and it's now all I can think about.

My first trip with the TA was also the Germany game... but back in 2003. Can't believe I've been doing this for 12 years.

The whole Germany trip is a bit of a blur to me, but I remember the game. Starting with a night in Amsterdam really set it off. Great trip and met some fantastic folk and cammy wait to see them again I'm Dublin. Plus a catch up with an old friend I'm Belfast on Thursday night should be a good start.

I thought Germany was quite sedate in comparison to previous away games with huge supports. Ie France, Milan, Bari, Amsterdam etc

Agree, Partly due to the fact that half the TA were in Dusseldorf/Essen/Bochum and half were in Dortmund.

J

Germany was a weird one.

Poland was phenomenal.

Not that fussed about Ireland.

Georgia will be fantastic.

Gibraltar will be relaxing.

Enjoyed Germany, my cousins came on their first trip and Dusseldorf was brilliant. Marred by the outrageous train trip back to Dusseldorf after the game (c2 hours) and the fact that Sunday night seemed to be sleepy night for the bars.

Enjoyed Poland, pissed off that my flag was nicked, but a combination of late arrival and early departure on the Wednesday, meant I didnt get to see much of Poland.

Done Dublin loads of times with Football and 6 Nations, however they are always cracking trips, never had a bad one.

Georgia is the one I am most looking forward to, never went last time, and it looks proper back and beyond.

Faro (Gibraltar) will be some nice October sun similar to Alicante I recon.

J

I'm looking forward to this one and my only regret now is that I wish I was going on the Friday as opposed to Saturday morning. Did Dublin a few times, mainly work related about 12+ years ago, never really saw the appeal. Went back for the NI Celtic Cup game and it changed my opinion of the place, had a great day and night but that was mainly the company was in and also it was quite relaxed, spent a large part of the day in a wee boozer where we were the only folks in. Went back for the Ireland game and also had a great day/night in good weather too so hoping for more of the same this time.

Looking forward to Dublin, think will be a cracking atmosphere, but unsure just how much of a atmosphere it will be (was same at Celtic Cup.... I though NI had the better atmosphere than the weekend of the Rep of Ireland game).

Warsaw I thought the friendly had the better atmosphere earlier in the year (though personally the Qf'er was the better trip)

Georgia I think will be a similar experience as the last Macedonia game..... its going to have that very old TA trip feel about it where everyone knows everyone.

Gibraltar will be same as Alicante and not start jumping until afternoon of the match due to how spread out everyone will be.

cannae wait for this ,Paris was amazing but think a win will make this one of the best trips ever due to what's at stake. Looking forward to meeting up with the Irish . Coming from central Scotland it'll be good to meet someone with an Ireland flag who isn't a total walloper

Edited by ankles

We're staying near the printworks, so probably down that area. I've never been but i think there's a lot of pubs/clubs down there, many of which seem to do a 5-9pm happy hour :)

Some of the bars are cheap right enough but it isn't the best area IMO.

Northern Quarter is very close and has loads of bars, real nice area and frequented by a better class of people.

There is a load of building work going on around the Printworks just now, Withy Grove which is the main drag is shut for vehicles so if your driving down, avoid that area.

Me and the Mrs have been looking forward to this one for a long time now especially as it's my birthday on 9th June. A bit subdued at present due to my mother passing away 2 weeks ago. Will raise a few glasses for her in Dublin.

Buzzing for it, be finishing up in an hours time this time next Thursday, cant wait get to Dublin next Friday honestly like a big wean when scotland games come, basically my social life revolves around the tartan army now am older lol