Fox Hunting - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The only people the SNP are going to upset by voting on it are the Tories, the Daily Mail and cรผnts.

By abstaining they'll upset people with a social conscience, good guys, floating voters who voted on the "progressive ticket".

With a moral issue like this "but... But we don't vote on English matters" won't cut it.... In my humble opinion.

I agree. :ok: This is not an "England only issue". This is about foxes not political borders. In the absence of representation for foxes anybody (SNP or otherwise) with a strong view on this should vote how they see fit. I will be asking my SNP MP to vote on this matter. Mind you, I think he might be going around with a dead fox on his head? :blink:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SNP have to ask themselves do they want to dis-engage or engage in politics in England, they cannot do both.

As things stand the SNP can do what they want on a case by case basis unless the Tories bring in legislation to stop them. At present the SNP themselves decide what they vote on and what they don't. I would like to see the SNP force them into bringing in this legislation. It would be interesting to see how they plan to legislate for EVEL. I don't think it will be as easy as they think. And forcing the SNP to sit out of certain votes, reducing them to second class MPs, will only help the SNP in the long run, IMO.

feck that, feck foxes..... we wanted out, they frightened us into staying.... I think we should cause merry hell till they want to put us out.

They should have been careful what they wished for...

We should have more Foxes in the houses of parliament. Less of the Liam variety and more of the Guy type though.

If its a free vote , its a personal choice ,I'd vote against .

But if not SNP should abstain quoting my above statement.

"Your honourable speaker, I wish to inform the house, and my constituents, that I shall not be voting on this issue.

As Fishcummock stated on the TAMB last week..."

:lol:

Grow up. You want SVSL you got to respect EVEL.

EVEL had never been an issue until the day after the referendum when Cameron decreed it from the steps of number 10. Up until now the SNP themselves have decided which legislation they weren't going to vote on. I think the number of times they did this was small. I think the SNP should back the Tories into a corner and force them to bring in legislation to ban SNP MPs from voting on certain issues.

EVEL had never been an issue until the day after the referendum when Cameron decreed it from the steps of number 10. Up until now the SNP themselves have decided which legislation they weren't going to vote on. I think the number of times they did this was small. I think the SNP should back the Tories into a corner and force them to bring in legislation to ban SNP MPs from voting on certain issues.

The obvious has become obvious. What is true for Scotland must be true for England. If you resist that you contradict yourself.

The obvious has become obvious. What is true for Scotland must be true for England. If you resist that you contradict yourself.

I think that forcing the Tories to legislate on EVEL turns Scottish MPs into 2nd class MPs, which is good for the SNP in the long run IMO. Whether they use this Bill on another one doesn't matter too much.

The MP's should be serving their constituents not making sure their representatives get turned into "2nd class MP's" going forward.

Burning down the building to get rid of your woodlice isn't strategy.