General Election Betting - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election Betting

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why these so called journos just simply ignore the "others". Greens and UKIP get a section of their own but they only have 3 seats between them. If it is as close as this geezer is saying then SDLP and other "others" must come into the equation.

I still think Tories will win.

Stuck a small amount on a Tory Majority at 8/1.

Heart or head?

I had a serious look at this as well but I can't for the life of me them clawing their way to a majority.

I think they'll comfortably be the largest party as the national polling averages is factoring in a lot of marginals moving from Con->Lab on tiny majorities which I just can't see happening in such a uniform fashion - especially with such question marks over Labour's past record, an unconvincing leadership and the fear factor of the SNP being pushed by the Tories. They may claim some of those seats via Lib Dem protest votes moving back to Labour but I don't believe that the parties are neck and neck in the way it is suggested.

I had a serious look at this as well but I can't for the life of me them clawing their way to a majority.

I think they'll comfortably be the largest party as the national polling averages is factoring in a lot of marginals moving from Con->Lab on tiny majorities which I just can't see happening in such a uniform fashion - especially with such question marks over Labour's past record, an unconvincing leadership and the fear factor of the SNP being pushed by the Tories. They may claim some of those seats via Lib Dem protest votes moving back to Labour but I don't believe that the parties are neck and neck in the way it is suggested.

I think that is a big factor in pushing the marginals towards the Tories. Which is why I think they will win. The Tories have played this very well IMO. Mind you they haven't been up against very much. Labour are fukin useless.

Heart or head?

Neither really. It's going to be a hung parliament but the odds for that are 1/14.

I had a tenner in my paddypower account and wanted a little gamblearrow-10x10.png.

It doesn't matter that much who will get elected as hard economic times are ahead regardless.

I would urge people to seriously consider emigration.

Edited by Menschlich

Neither really. It's going to be a hung parliament but the odds for that are 1/14.

I had a tenner in my paddypower account and wanted a little gamblearrow-10x10.png.

It doesn't matter that much who will get elected as hard economic times are ahead regardless.

I would urge people to seriously consider emigration.

Where to?

Anyone know the best value "sure thing" SNP win in a single constituency ?

They seem to be odds on everywhere but looking at lumping £500 to gain a modest return for Dublin spending money.

Stewart Hosie in Dundee East should be pretty safe.

Dundee - Yes cIty and Hosie is depute leader

Stewart Hosie in Dundee East should be pretty safe.

Dundee - Yes cIty and Hosie is depute leader

You would think so but his majority was only 1800 at the last election. I don't think I would risk £500 on that. If the Tories (aye, Dundee does have Tories) decide to tactically vote for Labour it could be close. And their are 4000 Lib Dem votes to go somewhere.

Edited by Orraloon

You would think so but his majority was only 1800 at the last election. I don't think I would risk £500 on that. If the Tories (aye, Dundee does have Tories) decide to tactically vote for Labour it could be close. And their are 4000 Lib Dem votes to go somewhere.

Hosie will romp it in Dundee East.

The other big certainty would be Angus Robertson in Moray

Rutherglen and Hamilton West is my constituency and I expect Greatrex to keep his seat (1.67 on betfair). Probably with a further reduced majority.

Tom Clarke is above even money (2.2), in Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill and is defending a 21k+ majority. This is my folks constituency and has been Labour forever, probably another reduced majority but a hold.

These two need a 24% and 26% swing respectively according to Sky news the other day and I don't see it. Happy to lose money on it though. Win these and theres not a safe seat in Scotland, but I still don't think 50+ SNP seats is possible imo (5/6 on paddy power last I heard).

Others I'm looking at include Murphy to keep East Ren. (sadly) and Labour in Airdrie and Shotts

Edited by Souness' 'tache

Rutherglen and Hamilton West is my constituency and I expect Greatrex to keep his seat (1.67 on betfair). Probably with a further reduced majority.

Tom Clarke is above even money (2.2), in Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill and is defending a 21k+ majority. This is my folks constituency and has been Labour forever, probably another reduced majority but a hold.

These two need a 24% and 26% swing respectively according to Sky news the other day and I don't see it. Happy to lose money on it though. Win these and theres not a safe seat in Scotland, but I still don't think 50+ SNP seats is possible imo (5/6 on paddy power last I heard).

Others I'm looking at include Murphy to keep East Ren. (sadly) and Labour in Airdrie and Shotts

Thats my constituency too. I'd heard it was 50/50 but you may well be right.

Edited by neilly71