Lib Dems - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mike Crockart is obviously feeling the strain in Edinburgh West. Have had 7 leaflets from him in last 5 weeks. His forlorn looking puss on each leaflet lamenting snp voting through house building on green space down in Cramond rings a bit hollow when he lives across the canal from me on a a brand new housing estate that was built on green farming land where Cala played extremely dirty to bypass local councillor objections.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Crockart is obviously feeling the strain in Edinburgh West. Have had 7 leaflets from him in last 5 weeks. His forlorn looking puss on each leaflet lamenting snp voting through house building on green space down in Cramond rings a bit hollow when he lives across the canal from me on a a brand new housing estate that was built on green farming land where Cala played extremely dirty to bypass local councillor objections.

I'm Edinburgh West too. You had any leaflets in from the Tories or Labour? I've not had a thing. They've either decided not to waste any money on a lost cause or are leaving the way clear for their usual supporters to vote Lib Dem instead.

I'll be voting for them. Best chance of guaranteeing another hung parliament... Last thing I want is one party having a majority at Westminster. Also the closest thing to a pro-EU, pro-immigration party we have here, other than the greens.

There is only a point to a hung parliament if the SNP hold the balance of power otherwise there is no point.

I'm Edinburgh West too. You had any leaflets in from the Tories or Labour? I've not had a thing. They've either decided not to waste any money on a lost cause or are leaving the way clear for their usual supporters to vote Lib Dem instead.

one Labour leaflet only. Think you are right, looks like they have given up. Nicola Sturgeon in Queensferry tomorrow.

Listening to Malcolm Bruce on Scotland Tonight, really hoping that they are wiped out

'I'm not listening to the polls'

'It's not what I am hearing on the doorsteps'

'The polls are wrong, wrong, wrong'

Absolute horrible little shit of a man.

Malcolm Bruce was a shrieking harpee on Scotland Tonight. You could hear the desperation in his voice. Just a pity he isnt standing himself so we could add him to the Portillo list.

Only if you support the SNP.

Not really. No matter if you support them or not they are the only ones who make any difference you might not agree with it but the Lib Dems would just meld into whatever party gained power.

Not really. No matter if you support them or not they are the only ones who make any difference you might not agree with it but the Lib Dems would just meld into whatever party gained power.

Still better than one party government... If only through politicking, its harder for either of the illiberal main parties to behave as elected dictators. Any NOC scenario is better than one-party rule.

Still better than one party government... If only through politicking, its harder for either of the illiberal main parties to behave as elected dictators. Any NOC scenario is better than one-party rule.

True, which is why I'm voting Lib Dem.

It's them or Tory's in my Constituenct. No choice really.

J

I don't believe it makes any difference if the Lib Dems hold the balance of power - can anyone tell me what difference they actually made?

I don't believe it makes any difference if the Lib Dems hold the balance of power - can anyone tell me what difference they actually made?

they delivered the pupil premium in schools which made a big difference to deprived children's education and welfare in the classroom. Albeit it was not the total success that they first envisaged it still made a difference. They also wanted the personal tax allowance increased to £10k which has been achieved.

LibDems could have formed a coalition with Labour last time round instead they decided to get in to bed with the Tories. Lie with dogs and you get fleas. Under Clegg's watch: bedroom tax, austerity, cuts to the most vulnerable in society, exponential growth in food banks, zero hour contracts, rich get ricehr and poor get poorer. Wow - they must be really proud of their record in Govt. Have voted Lib Dem in the past, many councillors just like Labour are decent people with good values but as a party they have well and truly shot themselves in the foot.

I think that's a bit unfair on the Lib Dems - last time around Lab + LibDems gave them 315 MPs in the commons, well short of a majority. I know there was talk of a "rainbow coalition" but even with the SNP and SDLP MPs its unlikely it would be anything close to a stable government, and the Lib Dems would have been absolutely pilloried in the English press for supporting a party that won 48 fewer seats (and 2 million fewer votes) than the Tories.

If you ask me they should have stuck to their guns and asked for a vote on STV, however even if they'd managed to get a referendum on that it probably wouldn't have passed with both major parties campaigning against it.

On the positive side at least they did see sense and get the boundary changes proposed for this election postponed until 2018, even if that was just getting their own back on the Tories for blocking proposals for an elected upper chamber. If those boundary changes had gone through I expect Cameron would be heading for a majority, or at least very close to it.

they delivered the pupil premium in schools which made a big difference to deprived children's education and welfare in the classroom. Albeit it was not the total success that they first envisaged it still made a difference. They also wanted the personal tax allowance increased to £10k which has been achieved.

Both purely down to them was it?? And if so is that the sum

Total if their influence

Guest flumax

The Gordon Lib Dem candidate has even blocked me on twitter. Clearly doesn't want to represent all potential constituents only the ones who agree with her.

dunno why I did right/wrong both she and Colin Clark (tory) press bod follow me whilst salmond doesn't.