Gordon Brown's Plan - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gordon Brown's Plan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My father retired just at the time of the pension bloody robbery by brown, he lost 40% of his work pension, he had done the right hting and put away extra and that C N U T has the cheek to bleat on about pensions...

a back bencher of a party not in power in Scotland or RUK trying to dictate from on high a timetable for the scottish people , a gift from him ...

can't put into words my contempt for him and labour except to say GET TAE FFFFFFFFFFF

Edited by Gaz

Pretty easily. And the response should turn even more people to YES.

It all comes down to how these new powers are funded.

YES = revenue from natural resources + exisiting personal taxation.

NO = increased personal taxation (where does the oil revenue go do you reckon?).

Nobody likes paying taxes. NO think that they are being very clever here. If Scots want more powers, then let them personally pay for them (that should turn the Scottish electorate away from wanting expensive new powers they think).

However, these "new powers" can be paid for in another way. And Westminster won't like it.

That's a very good point. So far, I've taken the line that there will be no new "powers" as they are a bunch of lying bawbags. I might just take a new tack with some of my staunch NO acquaintances. We might get some new "powers" but the only way we could afford to use them is by increasing income tax (or some other tax). That might make the selfish nawbags think again?

Pretty easily. And the response should turn even more people to YES.

It all comes down to how these new powers are funded.

YES = revenue from natural resources + exisiting personal taxation.

NO = increased personal taxation (where does the oil revenue go do you reckon?).

Nobody likes paying taxes. NO think that they are being very clever here. If Scots want more powers, then let them personally pay for them (that should turn the Scottish electorate away from wanting expensive new powers they think).

However, these "new powers" can be paid for in another way. And Westminster won't like it.

That's a very good point. So far, I've taken the line that there will be no new "powers" as they are a bunch of lying bawbags. I might just take a new tack with some of my staunch NO acquaintances. We might get some new "powers" but the only way we could afford to use them is by increasing income tax (or some other tax). That might make the selfish nawbags think again?

fantastic point , always knew that the new powers really only meant responsibilities to collect the same money we already get from the "barnett formula "

Edited by Gaz

fantastic point , always knew that the new powers really only meant responsibilities to collect the same money we already get from the "barnett formula "

Exactly, none of the things the 3 parties are talking about are new powers. They are just new responsibilities to collect some our own taxes. They will then use this as the reason for reducing our block grant.

New responsibilities + less money = Less power.

DevoMax should have been on the table. Now it is. Lets the voters decide.The stays Quo was never really a goet.

So why did CallMeDave and his mates take DevoMax off the table and put the status quo on it? Do we really want a solution that's been drawn up on the back of a fag packet in three days as our government model for the next few decades?

So why did CallMeDave and his mates take DevoMax off the table and put the status quo on it? Do we really want a solution that's been drawn up on the back of a fag packet in three days as our government model for the next few decades?

both parties agreed to take it off. A mistake .Labour where not involved. This new initative is their idea. Edited by EddardStark

its already spelled out in the all three parties devolution committmet doc. Hopefully there will be more to come.

So, we have 3 different versions of it (which are all old news) and none of them actually give any "greater control" as we all know that none of these "new powers" can ever be used.

I thought they had come up with something new over the weekend. It sounded like some amazing new master plan, if you believe BBC Pravda.

M

So, we have 3 different versions of it (which are all old news) and none of them actually give any "greater control" as we all know that none of these "new powers" can ever be used.

I thought they had come up with something new over the weekend. It sounded like some amazing new master plan, if you believe BBC Pravda.

I believe in offering a third way.

h

no there will be one version. A clear commitment. Anyway doesn't salmond have three plan B's and you expect people to say AYE ok. Edited by EddardStark