Post Split Fixtures - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Post Split Fixtures

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your vhictim fans were doing it all over Twitter earlier too. As humper points out, you would be apoplectic if you had to play an additional away game.

Except we wouldn't but just you carry on making a of yourself with your 'victims' pish.

A lot of Celtic fans I know are keen on binning the tv contract altogether some are even talking about actively petitioning the club about it. I don't know how that would sit with fans of other clubs but the financial benefits of this contract seem minimal and we desperately need to look at ways of filling our stadiums. I think this is where the administrators of the game have let everyone down, instead of falling over themselves to please tv companies they should have been begging fans to turn up using every inducement available to them. Fill our grounds on a Saturday at 3pm and everything else will fall into place.

I am at the stage now where i think we should get rid of the tv contract as its done more harm than good for the game in scotland.Bring in wage capping like what they do in the super league and make it cheaper for the fans to go to the games then you will see a difference.It also doesnt help when we have fannies running the game who dont have a clue how to run our game.I am a raith fan but dinnae get me started on this spfl split for the last 5 games what an absolute embarressment and would be interesting to know who thinks this is a good idea.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't mind Friday night games. Keep them as relatively local games and I think they can work quite well. Makes the working day go a bit quicker.

But aye we need to chuck Sunday lunchtime games

Totally agree with all your points.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't mind Friday night games. Keep them as relatively local games and I think they can work quite well. Makes the working day go a bit quicker.

But aye we need to chuck Sunday lunchtime games

Agree with this part especially. Asking Motherwell to go to Pittodrie twice on a Friday was harsh.

Agree with this part especially. Asking Motherwell to go to Pittodrie twice on a Friday was harsh.

Doesn't really matter what day of the week it is - they never bring any fans. At least the Friday night games mean they can watch on TV.

Doesn't really matter what day of the week it is - they never bring any fans. At least the Friday night games mean they can watch on TV.

True, but it does reduce the travelling support from 250 to 100 ;)

:lol:

Not really the attitude you want from the folk marketing the game though, is it?

" it, nobody goes anyway!"

Donaldo summed it up perfectly! I'd be happy with likes of stmirren, thistle, Hamilton maybe even killie on a Friday night. It's a KO time that suits me personally too.

Aberdeen away both times on a Friday night is a kick in the stones for folk that actually want to go to the football!

I really like the Friday night games. We've had a few and they've all been against Ross County which is the way it should be. Really enjoyable. Almost prefer it to the Sat.

Yeah, they're excellent for local games. Straight from work to the game or to have a pint beforehand. Then you still have the whole weekend to do whatever you want.

Asking fans to make a 250 mile round trip (like 'well fans to Aberdeen twice this season, is a joke though).

Yeah, they're excellent for local games. Straight from work to the game or to have a pint beforehand. Then you still have the whole weekend to do whatever you want.

Asking fans to make a 250 mile round trip (like 'well fans to Aberdeen twice this season, is a joke though).

I wonder if they chose that because it wouldn't really impact the size of the travelling support.

If you are someone who will go when only 100 odd do, the time is not likely to matter all that much.

I wonder if they chose that because it wouldn't really impact the size of the travelling support.

If you are someone who will go when only 100 odd do, the time is not likely to matter all that much.

But it's definitely a factor that'll put fans off. I don't see why we should be doing that.

Central belt teams vs central belt teams on a friday - fine.

Tayside vs Tayside - Fine

Highland vs Highland - Fine

Aberdeen vs Tayside - Probably okay too, although far from ideal.

Anything else, avoid. It's pretty fecking simple.

But it's definitely a factor that'll put fans off. I don't see why we should be doing that.

Central belt teams vs central belt teams on a friday - fine.

Tayside vs Tayside - Fine

Highland vs Highland - Fine

Aberdeen vs Tayside - Probably okay too, although far from ideal.

Anything else, avoid. It's pretty fecking simple.

I quite liked the way Dunfermline moaned about their trip to Pittodrie on a Friday night.

Claiming that folk would have needed to take the whole day off work to make it in time for kick-off.

Last season Motherwell brought 132 fans to Pittodrie for the Saturday game.

This season they brought 113 and 103 fans for the Friday night games.

Moving to the Friday hasn't significantly effected their fans at all.