Motherwell Vs St Mirren Thread And Score Predictions - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Motherwell Vs St Mirren Thread And Score Predictions

I quite like St.Mirren but from a personal point of view I would rather they were relegated than the other two.

St Mirren are perennially shite, and must have finished just outside the relegation spots almost every season they have been in the top flight.

I don't even think a league cup win could make up for being st mirren?

I can't say I'd miss them. Although it is an easily accessible away game...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motherwell manager Ian Baraclough is motivating his players ahead of Tuesday's relegation battle against St Mirren by telling them that a good performance in front of a live TV audience could win them a lucrative move to foreign clubs, such as those in India. (The Scotsman)

“But I enjoy the night games and being under the floodlights and, when we are on TV, I always tell the lads to go out there and showcase themselves because you don’t know who’ll be watching. People tune in from all over the world now and there could be someone in the USA, Australia or Asia watching them.

“Football is a truly global sport now so players need to put themselves out there within the right team framework because you never know where that might get you.”

Don't see the problem with that. He never mentions India specifically

This season has been one long, agonising pile of pish for St Mirren fans.

We've been in relegation trouble every year bar one(I think) since we came up and I can sympathise with some opposing fans views that it's time we went down.

Unlike clubs with similar budgets/supports like ICT and St Johnstone we've never at any stage looked like a side which might challenge for a top six place - far less stay there.

The doom and gloom at St Mirren is borne of years of grim performances - especially at our new 'home' - where our record must be one of the worst in Europe.

I've got to admit I've pretty much given up the ghost and expect nothing more than a dreary defeat by a goal or two tonight. In the unlikely event we actually do pick up six points in our next two games it will still be a massive uphill battle to even make the payoff spot - and I've seen nothing from our side for weeks to suggest they are up for the fight.

Of course I reserve the right to come back on here in a months time and backtrack on everything I've said above....but I don't think I will be.

St Mirren win or draw, and County to beat St Johnstone would do for me.

St Mirren win or draw, and Country to lose to St Johnstone would do me. Jags to beat celtic would be the cherry on the icing ;)

St Mirren dead and buried methinks.

The bad news for Rangers/Hibs/QoS/Falkirk is that it looks like whichever Premiership team finishes 2nd bottom will be in good form for the play-off.