Motherwell Vs St Mirren Thread And Score Predictions - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Motherwell Vs St Mirren Thread And Score Predictions

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proverbial 6 pointer!

A 'well win sees us 10 points ahead of st mirren with 18 to play for.

Can't see any way back for St Mirren if they lose.

Looking forward to this one! I have a strange love of midweek games, always something a bit magical about the atmosphere that's caprured me since I was a kid.

Can't see past motherwell, but wary that faced with relegation, stmirren might get the rocket up the backside they need?

Probably not be one for the purists (to throw in another cliche), but should be interesting.

I think it is on BT, definitely on tv.

Cool...need to look my best then sitting in the east stand :lol:

I just dunno about this game...aye reckon we should win but the fact it could all but relegate st Mirren makes me think we'll f it up.

Pessimist says 1-1

Hopefully a good 2-0

St Mirren look doomed. No way they will overtake both Motherwell and Ross County. Tuesday will seal their fate. Finishing second bottom I think will see you relegated as well this season. That will be close.

Yeah.

Ross county's form is unbelievable, 6 wins and a draw in last 7 games. They'd only won 2 games in mid February!!!!

I hope that bubble bursts!

Motherwell look a different team with Pearson and McDonald in the side, and can't see St Mirren catching us, but at the moment Ross county are unstoppable. I don't think Partick thistle are safe from the play offs just yet and even killie could get dragged into it.

Cool...need to look my best then sitting in the east stand :lol:

:lol:

I was going to have a pop about armchair fans too.

Midweek games have always been easier for me to get to for various reasons over the years, even going back to when I was a student and worked weekends. Maybe that's why I like them?

How confident are the well fans of coming up against championship opposition in the play offs?

I am personally focussing in catching Ross County, but in current form I would be confident playing ANY championship side.

But its a lottery look at hibs vs accies last year. I would rather finish 3rd bottom.

How confident are the well fans of coming up against championship opposition in the play offs?

:shocked:

Not at all!

I do not want to play Rangers or Hibs in a play off! I'm shit scared of it.

Rangers seem to have a bit of momentum, and are starting to look a decent team, hibs have been infamous for their lack of bottle in recent seasons, but still wouldn't fancy facing them. (I've been saying for months there was no way Rangers would reach the final, but I now think they should/will be favourites).

Cruel irony that mccall could finish the job he started, and relegate motherwell. :P

Cruel irony that mccall could finish the job he started, and relegate motherwell. :P

True but a month ago we were staring at finishing bottom. Still think 3rd is within our grasp and I would be very supprised if Ross County can keep that form up.

Having said that, to quote Kevin Keegan...

"And I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them (Rangers), love it"

That would be amazing! (Late Scott McDonald winner would really be the cherry on top).

Having said that, to quote Kevin Keegan...

"And I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them (Rangers), love it"

That would be amazing! (Late Scott McDonald winner would really be the cherry on top).

Unfortunately Kevin lost that one :-))

True but a month ago we were staring at finishing bottom. Still think 3rd is within our grasp and I would be very supprised if Ross County can keep that form up.

Oh yeah, the turnaround at motherwell is only put in the shade because of the unbelievable run Ross county are on.

I'm not as scared as I was, but I feel there is a real mental block with cup ties AND Rangers, so this game is our worst nightmare! The last time we beat Rangers, Terry butcher was our boss and a teenager with a red stripe in his hair scored the winner!

:shocked:

Let's concentrate on making sure St Mirren finally get relegated, then worry about catching Ross County and thistle.

The words confident and Well fans just don't mix mate. We always expect the worst.

Dreading the play offs. Please God NO!

The words confident and Well fans just don't mix mate. We always expect the worst.

Dreading the play offs. Please God NO!

I really hope you are in the play off. Obviously to keep the jags out of it but at the moment with Pearson and Mcdonald I think Motherwell are the strongest team down there and have the best chance of keeping the Rangers out. Then we can enjoy another season where football comes first.