Home Game V Poland - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Home Game V Poland

ScotlandFanMuir

I know the TA as a support will do absolutely anything to get a ticket for all of our away games, so it gives me a hard neck to write this - but how can the SFA ensure that the same Poland support that was in the home end in the Aviva Stadium don't get a home ticket for the Hampden game?

I'm not for a minute suggesting that 2000 Poland fans scattered across the home end will make a difference to the end result - but surely seeing your away support in that fashion the way they were spread across the whole stadium must give the players an extra buzz, like the Scotland game away in France.

I imagine we'll give them about 3000 tickets, home tickets will then go on sale to 35000 members - it's the public sale i'm worried about after that.

A lot can obviously happen between now and October but it'd be great if the final 2 home games could be filled with a MORE vocal Scottish support.

Give the 35,000 SSC members the chance to buy a second ticket once the members have bought their guaranteed tickets (first come, first served).

Allocate tickets through friends and family that way the members who get a second ticket are sitting together with their "spare".

No public sale.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

I doubt there will be that many tickets available in the public sale what with Season ticket holders getting first dibs on extra tickets, ssc members at max take up. I have already been asked by folk about getting extra tickets for Poland.

A few hundred Polish lads in our end will be no bother either, we can't be hypocritical, every time we play anywhere we have fans in the home end.

I know we have done it ourselves, but that's cause other FAs have been slack selling tickets. Dosent mean ours has to continue to be rubbish.

There could be too much at stake.

Do as I suggested and limit the Poles to the official allocation.

J

I know we have done it ourselves, but that's cause other FAs have been slack selling tickets. Dosent mean ours has to continue to be rubbish.

There could be too much at stake.

Do as I suggested and limit the Poles to the official allocation.

J

Whats the Polish population in Scotland Lads? And more importantly whats their population in Glasgow?

If its large...it will be very hard to prevent decent sized numbers of polish getting tickets in yere home end i would imagine

Whats the Polish population in Scotland Lads? And more importantly whats their population in Glasgow?

If its large...it will be very hard to prevent decent sized numbers of polish getting tickets in yere home end i would imagine

According to the 2011 census, 8400 in Glasgow, 56,000 in Scotland. Plus I imagine plenty of Polish fans will look to make the relatively easy trip from elsewhere in the UK & Ireland...

If that games the one that decides if we can go above Poland into 2nd place prior to Gib game then demand will be huge. I can't see a public sale in that case, anything left after the SSC sale will probably be re-offered to SSC members.

This should happen.

SFA will no doubt fcuk it up.

If we make all tickets on sale to members only, as has been done in the past, we can certainly limit their numbers as they then need to know a SSC member with a spare to get one. That alone would stop them getting large batches of tickets together.

According to the 2011 census, 8400 in Glasgow, 56,000 in Scotland. Plus I imagine plenty of Polish fans will look to make the relatively easy trip from elsewhere in the UK & Ireland...

Cheers Mate

While they can make the trip from abroad....there is 150,000 in Ireland...

Obviously theres considerably less in Scotland , so that should benefit Scotland somewhat

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

This should happen.

SFA will no doubt fcuk it up.

I can understand why they opened it up for Ireland game, given bigger stadium, but for the Poland game, back at Hampden, probably 10,000 less tickets, it really should be members only and would sell out to members if its going to be the big game we think it will.

Two Polish boys in my work were asking me about tickets for the game.... asked them how many they are looking for (happy to help out for 2 or 3 tickets...........) but was shocked when they said "25.... maybe 30 to be safe" :yikes3:

The reason there were so many Poles at the game was due to a lack of Irish interest. The decline in the Irish team in the last 3 years has seen attendances dwindle. If we were playing Austria (for example) the last night you probably could have shaved 15,000+ off that attendance.

Germany, Poland and Scotland games will be full houses for obvious reasons. That's not a reflection of the average attendance.

The reason there were so many Poles at the game was due to a lack of Irish interest. The decline in the Irish team in the last 3 years has seen attendances dwindle. If we were playing Austria (for example) the last night you probably could have shaved 15,000+ off that attendance.

Germany, Poland and Scotland games will be full houses for obvious reasons. That's not a reflection of the average attendance.

Edited by Banjaxed

Give the 35,000 SSC members the chance to buy a second ticket once the members have bought their guaranteed tickets (first come, first served).

Allocate tickets through friends and family that way the members who get a second ticket are sitting together with their "spare".

No public sale.

That's exactly what I was thinking last night

Great minds and all that lol

J

Dont have a problem with the poles buying tickets and yes u have got a hard neck startin this thread there's actually a thread on how and where to get tickets for Ireland game wots the nearest section to the scotland official fans etc

I would prefer it if there were no Polish fans in our end as it means one of us hasn't got a ticket.

I heard there were a few 'minor' altercations at the match in the Aviva on Saturday night ? Any conformations on this ?

I would prefer it if there were no Polish fans in our end as it means one of us hasn't got a ticket.

I heard there were a few 'minor' altercations at the match in the Aviva on Saturday night ? Any conformations on this ?

If there was that's not good news for the fans with home end tickets in June