Jack Harper Exclusion - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper Exclusion

Paulo2576

Basically saying that playing for Real Madrid doesn't make him better than other Scottish players and other negative pish along the same lines

No disrespect to Bradford or Hamilton but I have a really hard time believing their 2 forwards in the squad are better than a Real Madrid youth.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing Brown said is we all seem to be getting over excited and building him up purely because he plays for Madrid as though none of us have watched him or know anything about him.

That's Strachan, Sbragia and now Brown that have all said the same thing. For starters he's been on TV a handful of times, and are people like Sbragia not paid to watch potential Scotland players? lazy/ignorant to say that no one's been able to watch him.

as other have said also, its not just jack harper, its now the worry around the mentality of the guy coaching our under 19's. we are sliding backwards by the looks of it. I mean how is he going to tell them to play given his attitude over harper?

this casts the whole Wotte episode in a new light

Its hard to get a clear picture on him, as Tony Watt was getting right into him on Twitter one night and saying some really out spoken stuff about him and his running of the game.

Talking down to the fans like no-one knows what they're on about is pretty disrespectful. Reminds me of Levein with Rhodes.

As others have said, it's not just the comments about Harper in particular that are disappointing. It's the fact that Sbragia is coming out with tosh like this given his role that is very concerning.

If this is how he seems things going forward, he has to go IMO. If this view is shared by those in the SFA, then we have real problems.

Talking down to the fans like no-one knows what they're on about is pretty disrespectful. Reminds me of Levein with Rhodes.

As others have said, it's not just the comments about Harper in particular that are disappointing. It's the fact that Sbragia is coming out with tosh like this given his role that is very concerning.

If this is how he seems things going forward, he has to go IMO. If this view is shared by those in the SFA, then we have real problems.

Exactly, it's not like this is exclusive to Harper. There is no reason to think he won't leave out other talented players in future if they haven't grown fast enough for his liking.

By his standards; Naismith, Bannan, Maloney, Gauld, Anya, Robertson etc wouldn't have made his squad. Plus, I'm sure a lot of our more physical players weren't fully developed the way they are now, at 19. I mean Darren Fletcher or McFadden hadn't exactly filled out by their 19th birthdays. What a joke this is.

It's getting the media attention it deserves

What's potentially worrying is that the only reasonable conclusion to draw from this IMO, is that there is an issue behind the scenes we aren't aware of. The reasoning is flawed, the tactics dated, the statements about his height/build seem factually wrong, and Strachan/Brown both defending the decision seems like an attempt to draw a line under it in order to close the story down. :/

What's potentially worrying is that the only reasonable conclusion to draw from this IMO, is that there is an issue behind the scenes we aren't aware of. The reasoning is flawed, the tactics dated, the statements about his height/build seem factually wrong, and Strachan/Brown both defending the decision seems like an attempt to draw a line under it in order to close the story down. :/

That may well be true but it still raises the question of Sbragia's suitability for this job.

All he had to do was say; "I want Harper to focus on his Real Madrid career right now and I'll consider him in the next squad".

No need for damning statements that calls his ability to manage youths into question. If there is something behind the scenes going on then you have to question his intelligence if he thought this was the cover-up he could think of.

On a positive note, a wee birdie tells me some people at the SFA may not be particularly happy with Ricky's comments...

Considering the adverse publicity not just here but in other countries and the reaction of the fans the SFA should be unhappy.