Paying At The Dentist - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Paying At The Dentist

Ha ha not drinking either. I'm on really powerful antibiotics and under orders of strictly no alcohol. I'm actually leaving work early to attend a funeral. Sonny Lindsay if you know the name. A Brigton boy and Scotland regular in the nineties and 2000's.

That name rings a bell, did he drink in The Crimson Star?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a filling a couple of weeks ago and it's giving me quite a bit of grief. My gran was saying just take a couple of my pain killers for it, they'll sort it out, go to get them, turns out they were Tramadol, nah you're alright gran i was expecting nurofen or something.

I got a filling a couple of weeks ago and it's giving me quite a bit of grief. My gran was saying just take a couple of my pain killers for it, they'll sort it out, go to get them, turns out they were Tramadol, nah you're alright gran i was expecting nurofen or something.

I had Tramadol when I hurt my back a couple of years ago as I had a boys weekend planned in Newcastle and did not want to miss it. I spent the weekend out my box as I'd mixed the Drugs with booze, not a good experience to be honest, Stephen Hawkins would have beat me over the hundred yard dash...seriously strong shit!

I'll assume your gran has bad arthritis or some equally horrifically painful disorder for her to be on that stuff!

Edited by andreimack

got a new set of nashers the other week well 4 new nashers only cost £219 on the nhs most likely cost more if went private so canny complain

It's £400 for a porcelain inlay so you've had a right result there ?

My dentist went private in the 80s and as I trusted him I started paying something like £5 per month. Crept up and up every year till I was paying over £30 a month.

Final straw cam when dentist kept trying to get me to have cerac inlays at a discounted cost of over £700 for 2. Once I made it clear I wasn't interested I felt I was treated as a 2nd class patient even though I was paying nearly £400 a year sometimes for 2 check ups and an xray. Cost of replacement crowns not included either.

Found an NHS dentist and delighted with the switch. Free check ups. Pay for a scale and polish every 6 months or so. Filling I had a couple of years back was cheap as chips to.

I changed my NHS dentist a few years back. The dentist said a filling and I declined as I said I was not in pain and was not a big fan of fillings. They said I refused treatment and struck me off their register.

Went and registered with another NHS dentist ( recommended to me ) in another town, got a check up and cilla black ( suprise, suprise) no filling required.

Lying BARSTEWARD!

I reckon some dentists give you treatment when its not required to keep them in their fancy cars and houses.

I had Tramadol when I hurt my back a couple of years ago as I had a boys weekend planned in Newcastle and did not want to miss it. I spent the weekend out my box as I'd mixed the Drugs with booze, not a good experience to be honest, Stephen Hawkins would have beat me over the hundred yard dash...seriously strong shit!

I'll assume your gran has bad arthritis or some equally horrifically painful disorder for her to be on that stuff!

Aye she arthritis and a few other ailments. I just took a box of paracetamol instead.

Crimson Star i'm not sure. He may have done. I know he drank in the Keystone (no longer there), Used to pop in very occasionally on the way back from a game at parkred.

Tall skinny guy, black hair? Hard as nails? If it's the same guy he used to drink with a guy called ****, small fat guy who had fingers in every pie on the go, he was old school ICF way back in the day. Edited by andreimack

Aye she arthritis and a few other ailments. I just took a box of paracetamol instead.

I hope the pills are working for her, Athritis is a terrible disease/ disorder? My mums got it in her left arm and hand and was in a almost constant state of agony.

Tramadol is excellent stuff. It works better if combined with paracetamol. Doctors will often prescribe both at the same time. It can have some serious side effects if not used properly though.

Tramadol is excellent stuff. It works better if combined with paracetamol. Doctors will often prescribe both at the same time. It can have some serious side effects if not used properly though.

yeah paracetamol and Tramadol are her two pain killers.

16 tablets, i took the box home, as opposed to took the pills down my throat.

Ah right. That's ok then. Some folk kill themselves with overdosing on paracetamol. It's supposed to be one of the most painful ways to die. I'm not sure how they know that though.

I had really bad teeth, so had implants, and a bridge put in, cost was pretty bad, had the treatment in London, so once flights and hotels are taken into account, probably speaking about close to £20k.

Look after your teeth folks!!

I had really bad teeth, so had implants, and a bridge put in, cost was pretty bad, had the treatment in London, so once flights and hotels are taken into account, probably speaking about close to £20k.

Wow. £20K could have got you a lot of food liquidisers and straws.

Probably the best 20K you've ever spent in terms of cost v confidence.

I've just spent 3.5 grand to get a missing tooth infilled as I don't want my wedding photos ruined just incase the photographer happens to get me open mouthed from above!

Mental, yes, extortionate, yes, worth it, no, however I'll feel better, so, ends and means.

if l could afford them think them dental implants would be great but in the uk think your talking about £2500 for 1 implant so for me that would cost £10.000 so I think I will stick with my nhs nashers lol

I have one implant, involved surgical removal (when awake) of the bone in my gum/jaw and then putting some metal and shit in before joining the new tooth. Cost £1400 all in, not cheap but worth it as my old tooth was smashed basically and I had a denture for a while. Had a few issues and had to get the tooth part redone but wasn't charged any extra. Surgery not pleasent.