After Bannockburn Bbc 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This was shown on Irish telly a few weeks ago (except it was renamed 'After Braveheart'). Got around to watching the second part last night. Excellent programme, well worth watching.

The british media turned 'braveheart' into an insult during the referendum.

I did wonder why RTE (who co-produced the programme) decided to change the name, and realised most of the Irish audience wouldn't know what Bannockburn was, but would have heard of Braveheart.

too much focus on the battle of britain and hastings 1066.

Can't recall scottish history at all being taught when I was at school.

I got none of this at school. Our history educaction, was heavy into 1800's, the corn laws, the birth of industrialisation then onto post world war 1 politics.

I got none of this at school. Our history educaction, was heavy into 1800's, the corn laws, the birth of industrialisation then onto post world war 1 politics.

I'd have gladly had that any day over what we studied in high school, Medieval history.

It was enough to melt your brain. The first three crusades, the fecking boring as hell feudal system and the Medieval Church. It was soul destroying bollocks. Never found it interesting in the slightest.

Edited by ErsatzThistle