Cup Final - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game today if Dundee United play to their strengths and don't resort to cheating like last week.

You'll need better bait than that to get a bite. That's more obvious than VVD being transferred to a mid EPL team in the summer.

I woke up on the morning of Killies last cup final and didn't want to go. Was expecting a right hounding. In the end, it was glorious :ok:

The same. Mind walking to Hampden saying "ah well at least it's a nice day".

That was Mothers' Day too...

That two of the best players from either side cannot play can only reduce the quality on show.

However as a neutral I would like to see a good competitive match played, with no resort to cheating and that the best team wins.

Mind you I would also like World peace, a cure for all illness and a fair a just society.

I am right in thinking Dundee Utd got 18,000 and Celtic 25,000 for this.

How is that fair?

Did Dundee Utd not take 27k against Ross County and nearer 30k against St. Johnstone. Surely on that basis they could have sold 21,500 tickets which would have ensured a 50/50 split.

Strangely, I was quite hopeful in 1994. Today feels like a routine 3-0 to Celtic and home.

But you never know I suppose. It is only the 24 years since we beat them in Glasgow...

Must go down as one of the worst cup finals ever that one.

I would say that though :)

Can't see anything other than a Celtic win today unfortunately.

Must go down as one of the worst cup finals ever that one.

I would say that though :)

Can't see anything other than a Celtic win today unfortunately.

Im quite confident today yet in a contradictory way I've never been convinced about a treble. If we are gonnae feck up I'd rather it was today!

How is that fair?

Did Dundee Utd not take 27k against Ross County and nearer 30k against St. Johnstone. Surely on that basis they could have sold 21,500 tickets which would have ensured a 50/50 split.

Probably because the glory hunters amongst their support would have been thinking they would win those ones?

Hibs are a perfect example. Took 35k to a league cup final v Livingston a few years ago. Obviously thought it would be a walkover

Edited by Angus_Young

How is that fair?

It's fair because United got exactly what they asked for.