Scotland V Qatar - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Qatar

wanderer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game is now listed on the FIFA website as a Scotland home game on Friday the 5th of June (no venue listed though).

Don't take as legit though, FIFA have had games listed in the past that have never happened (Finland and Bolivia away....plus another one recently) and been taken down after been drawn to SFA attention.

Edited by wanderer

Game is now listed on the FIFA website as a Scotland home game on Friday the 5th of June (no venue listed though).

Don't take as legit though, FIFA have had games listed in the past that have never happened (Finland and Bolivia away....plus another one recently) and been taken down after been drawn to SFA attention.

Has now been taken off the FIFA website - I am sure at the request of the SFA.

They also put the NI fixture up early for it to be taken down then up again after confirmation.

Strachan on June,

Strachan looking for June friendly before Republic of Ireland crunch clash

The Scotland manager is hoping to line up another friendly fixture ahead of June's crucial Euro 2016 qualifier against Republic of Ireland.

"We're definitely thinking about that," Strachan said. "You cant tell whos going to be in cup finals and the playoffs in England, but you have got to take that game on.

We had this situation in Croatia a couple years ago. We had players who we were on holiday before that game and its hard to get them back into the rhythm of things."

Guest allyc

The sfa really are a bunch of ####wits.at least have the game in the run up to the Ireland one.by that I mean in the same week.2 lots of time off on two separate weeks around the same period is a massive bollock ache.

Edited by allyc

The sfa really are a bunch of ####wits.at least have the game in the run up to the Ireland one.by that I mean in the same week.2 lots of time off on two separate weeks around the same period is a massive bollock ache.

There was me under the impression that the game would be arranged to help the players prepare for the Ireland game.

Some players in the squad will go 6 weeks without a game before the Ireland game.

Having a week gap makes sense as it means if anyone picks up a wee knock they still have a week to recover.

Edited by tartanpar