Coconut Oil - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone's messing about with it then Paul. I don't want to cast aspersions on your good lady but is there a possibility someone else is partaking of the back door entrance and slipping a moisturising coconut scented Mickey Flynn into the aforementioned oil?

:lol:

Edited by Charlie Endell

And never cook olive oil. It's great as a dressing or for dipping bread into but can cause inflammation of the heart when cooked.

where did you read this ? most top chefs cook with olive oil..as do i

as for coconut oil i have tried cooking with this but everything tastes of coconuts!! which can be expected but see some comments here it is tastelless and no smell eh excuse me but it reeks of coconuts too

No chance, i check her phone regularly when she is sleeping along with her email and internet history and Mrs S is a loyal one. She would get a swift boot in the James Hunt if i suspected for a minute anything like that was going on. Maybe you have just bought cheap stuff mate but i can assure you it has a scent of coconut.

I seriously have no idea what tweenage or pwned means sorry Johnnie.

Alex Neil - covert operator......

as for coconut oil i have tried cooking with this but everything tastes of coconuts!! which can be expected but see some comments here it is tastelless and no smell eh excuse me but it reeks of coconuts too

Did you not read G-Man's post earlier on? :lol:

There are a few different ways of processing coconuts to get the oil. Virgin coconut oil tastes of coconut. Refined or distilled coconut oil doesn't.

As Orraloon says, refined coconut oil will be tasteless and odourless but not quite as healthy as unrefined.

I use extra virgin coconut oil for moisturising and as a hair conditioner and also cook with it as the good stuff has such a mild flavour I can't really taste it. I also always buy it in glass jars.

Paul and Mrs S may get a bit of a beemur buying virgin oil for their bedroom frolics but as long as neither of them shout "is this the one that makes my boaby smell tasty?" then I think they may get away with it.

The stuff I have is a malleable solid, sort of like dense butter.

If you're talking about coconut oil then that's the way it should be. The jar I keep in kitchen is slightly softer as its warmer in there but jar in bedroom cupboard is solid and I dig it out with a spatula.

Is that for cooking or one of the other things mentioned in G-Man's post above ?

To misquote, "some of you are looking at the stars while Fringo and I are keeping our minds in the gutter." :-)))))

Edited by G-Man

If you're talking about coconut oil then that's the way it should be. The jar I keep in kitchen is slightly softer as its warmer in there but jar in bedroom cupboard is solid and I dig it out with a spatula.

You don't know what you're talking about. Liquid Coconut Oil all the way!!

You don't know what you're talking about. Liquid Coconut Oil all the way!!

I wasn't talking about liquid coconut though. I prefer the solid type as found the liquid too greasy on my skin. It's may be better for cooking but I'm used to glass jars now.

:-)) Your posts aren't helping my previously star-gazing thoughts. :lol:

One of the best nights of my life ended with me lying in a back garden in Maryhill looking at the stars whilst occassionally raising my head ever so slightly and leaning over a wee bit to vomit up some of the sweet martini I'd just tanned. It was my best pals 16th birthday, still can't stand martini but still enjoy lying on the ground/grass/pitches/ looking at the stars.

If it's solid it's not an oil, it's a fat.

Please confirm thplinth, is it coconut oil you're talking about? I only ask as Mrs S and Paul are attempting to track you down as I type.

butter oil it is the same... it just depends how warm the room is.

This Mr Paul...he reminds me of andreimack.

Away with your nonsense,

Oh wait a minute just realised I'm fat and solid. I stand corrected.

I am just trying to educate you here. Read on and you might learn something new. :wink2:

Chemically speaking, the difference between a fat and an oil comes down to it's melting point. If it is a liquid at Standard Temperature and Pressure it is an oil. If it's a solid it's a fat.

This Mr Paul...he reminds me of andreimack.

I seem to be on the same wavelength as a couple of you tonight.

I am just trying to educate you here. Read on and you might learn something new. :wink2:

Chemically speaking, the difference between a fat and an oil comes down to it's melting point. If it is a liquid at Standard Temperature and Pressure it is an oil. If it's a solid it's a fat.

i wasn't being self deprecating, I was actually agreeing with you. I'm rock solid, I think it's the cold water as I'm more wobbly in the summer. I don't defrost properly between swims in wintertime.

One of the best nights of my life ended with me lying in a back garden in Maryhill looking at the stars whilst occassionally raising my head ever so slightly and leaning over a wee bit to vomit up some of the sweet martini I'd just tanned. It was my best pals 16th birthday, still can't stand martini but still enjoy lying on the ground/grass/pitches/ looking at the stars.

Must have been Malibu rather than martini for this thread. :D

Must have been Malibu rather than martini for this thread. :D

Between Graeme's book and memories being reawakened I'm having a good laugh tonight. I woke up lying on a flight of stairs after a bottle of Malibu, I was lying with feet at top and head on lower steps though and I swear it took hours for the blood to move down from my face. When I chapped my pals door she screamed as my face was almost purple and pretty swollen and I had wee punctures in it from bits of gravel that my face was mashed against.

If only I'd known Paul, I could have borrowed some coconut oil to soothe my skin.