Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 68 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I can't see it.

Hearts have dropped points twice in 17 games. They need to drop points an absolute minimum of 4 times in the remaining 19, but that's presuming rangers win every game.

Rangers won't win every game.

Hearts have still to play rangers twice and Hibs 3 times I believe, even if they lost ALL of these games they'd probably still need to throw in 2 draws along the way.

They might close the gap, but the 5 games I was talking about, if hearts can even draw a couple if those, it will be very difficult to catch them.

They've had injuries recently, and still managed to keep the results coming.

I wasn't being serious

I wasn't being serious

Oops!

:lol:

Had a look at the fixtures, and IF Rangers put a run together and beat Hearts at Ibrox mid January, possibly with Hearts dropping points v Hibs next week, it starts to become a bit more achievable.

I can't really see attitudes at Ibrox changing under Kenny McDowell though, and Hearts seem to have their attitude spot on so far.

I made reference to that as well. She got her statutory entitlement and nothing more according to the discussion on FF in the days following. Maybe Phil is getting his exclusives from FF these days. :wink2::wink2: And Phil is totally obsessed with Rangers. I imagine machine gun fire aimed at a stationary target will hit the spot once in a while.

Yes we have covered this. But did she get statutory based on up to 20 years service which is the law or statutory based on 2.5 years service at the new club?

You've got the years wrong, but Motherwell have dodged relegation twice, once due to the league going from 10-12 (1986) and once due to Falkirk not having a 10,000 all seater stadium (2003).

Were these rules in place at the start of the relevant seasons?

Were these rules in place at the start of the relevant seasons?

They were. They were also in place at the start of the season Partick Thistle finished bottom of the SPL and Inverness Caledonian Thistle topped the first division.

Bizarrely, ICT were promoted without a 10,000 seater... and allowed to groundshare with another SPL team (another 'rule' that was ignored).

What's funny? Have I made that up? I'm getting on a bit.

You must be as we've gone through this before.

I'm sure you do remember but the 10 club SPL in 1999 voted to have an expanded version of 12 clubs starting in 2000.

To get there the rules were Div 1 winners automatically promoted. Div 1 2nd and 3rd in a play off with bottom of SPL - 3 one off matches with side finishing bottom of the mini league playing in Div 1 and the other 2 making up the numbers to 12 in the SPL.

Falkirk finished 3rd and didn't have a compliant stadium so the play off was cancelled and Dunfermline along with Aberdeen were spared the play off process.

All of the above was in place and known before a ball kicked in 1999 including Falkirk's stadium issue.

You'd think so.

The big picture for them should be to get level headed 'Rangers' people owning the club rather than short term solutions which could have long term implications.

Liquidation seems to be the only route open to them to those ends. Can't imagine they'll last much longer at this rate.

You must be as we've gone through this before.

I'm sure you do remember but the 10 club SPL in 1999 voted to have an expanded version of 12 clubs starting in 2000.

To get there the rules were Div 1 winners automatically promoted. Div 1 2nd and 3rd in a play off with bottom of SPL - 3 one off matches with side finishing bottom of the mini league playing in Div 1 and the other 2 making up the numbers to 12 in the SPL.

Falkirk finished 3rd and didn't have a compliant stadium so the play off was cancelled and Dunfermline along with Aberdeen were spared the play off process.

All of the above was in place and known before a ball kicked in 1999 including Falkirk's stadium issue.

A good year to finish last then.