Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 246 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Are you sure this news is correct?

It's just that BBC Radio Scotland has just had its sports news on and focused on Hibs v Utd with not a mention of the tax case finding.

Boom

Delivering the opinion of the court, Lord Drummond Young said: "That accords with common sense.

"If the law were otherwise, an employee could readily avoid tax by redirecting income to members of his family to meet outgoings that he would normally pay: for example to a trust for his wife... or to trustees to pay for his children's education or the outgoings on the family home.

"The funds are ultimately derived as consideration for the employee's services, and on that basis they are properly to be considered emoluments or earnings.

"We are of opinion that the sums received by the trustee of the Principal Trust, and in due course by the trustees of the sub-trusts, amounted to a mere redirection of income and thus constituted emoluments or earnings of the employees in question."

Finally some common sense.

Who on here Rangers fan or otherwise would argue that this EBT bollocks was not an utter piss take scheme as operated by RFC 1899? I don't think anyone would. You will lose if you appeal. This ruling was badly overdue.

Edited by thplinth

Apparently none of Murrays four companies opposed today's verdict ,only BDO on behalf of Oldco Rangers did.

That's because the companies are in liquidation and presumably there is no benefit to them in opposing the case or incurring the costs of doing so (particularly when the liquidators were doing so anyway).

Having skim read the judgment (on my phone) I would be surprised if old co didn't appeal but the liquidators might not have the appetite for it.

Hmrc got up on a ground that they didn't raise before the first tier and upper tier tribunals. That is why the court has reserved it's decision on costs. Considering a new ground is itself appealable. It seems like the judges have been a lot more practical than the tribunals but I am not convinced that they haven't gilded the lily a little with their interpretation of the applicable legislation.

A sellik supporting fermer, I don't think a few extra digits will be a problem :wink2:

Just seen this new ditty

David Murrays Magic he wears a magic hat

He could've put in place a legitimate system for employee payments,

But he said no that

Edited by wembley67lisbon

so will all the rangers fans who claimed earlier court rulings exonerated the club from any blame or wrong doing now accept they cheated for years?

What do you think?! Although, given you don't care you probably don't have any feelings one way or the other..... :wink2:

Hectors%20magic%20hat.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Looking at the accounts as at end of June they only had 1m in cash left. That would not have covered two months of losses so I would think someone has been lending them more money since then. But I don't recall any announcements of fresh loans.

edit: in the 12 months to end of june RFC was burning over a million quid in cash every month on average. When the accounts closed they had 1m left and no way to do another share issue. It is now 4 month later. They should have run out cash 3 months ago...

Edited by thplinth

Looking at the accounts as at end of June they only had 1m in cash left. That would not have covered two months of losses so I would think someone has been lending them more money since then. But I don't recall any announcements of fresh loans.

edit: in the 12 months to end of june RFC was burning over a million quid in cash every month on average. When the accounts closed they had 1m left and no way to do another share issue. It is now 4 month later. They should have run out cash 3 months ago...

But they patently haven't, so what do you think happened Sherlock?