Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 187 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I didn't say they were resolved and neither does Murray. It's just the latest news basically.

It's just nice to see the Board actually being transparent like they promised.

Makes it boring for the baiters on here as they've basically got no ammo.

Let's see how things go in the next few weeks and then initial judgements can maybe be made on this new board.

Aye that's all fair enough , but did king not say he had a nomad lined up? Maybe I am wrong but I thought he said he had.

The majority of non Rangers fans on here seem to get their fix on RangersMedia and Union Bears websites, so this would be a step up.

In many ways I think of it as the Methadone of Rangers news. It has enough to keep the obsessed fed with information, they can still get outraged/amused/indignant about what's going on but it doesn't have the same nasty side effects as the full strength fan websites. And I honestly think within a few years the likes of Shed, Rossy and Scotty could be fully weaned off and back on to reading about their own clubs.

I appreciate it's not without risks, and counselling and close supervision should be considered, because knowing these cheeky wee monkeys they could end up doing both, and that could easily lead to a complete breakdown and loss of control of normal bodily function and we only have to look at TartanJon to see what sort of thing can do to a man!!

Fingers crossed for them :ok:

TT

I don't even know what feckin league your team play in let alone give two hoots about them :-)

Apparently, Rangers have until Saturday to have their suspension of shares lifted under AIM rules (30 days). Bit concerning that this is taking so long - don't think it can be a good sign.

Apparently, Rangers have until Saturday to have their suspension of shares lifted under AIM rules (30 days). Bit concerning that this is taking so long - don't think it can be a good sign.

But is it an issue for them just now? I know anyone who holds shares will be worried - as it will probably devalue them, but for the board - is it an issue?

This might make Thursday the deadline if AIM is closed for the easter public holidays....

All good soap operas like a cliff hanger...

:P

When do the SFA decide if King is fit and proper? Is that a factor, as he has a NOMAD I think?

But is it an issue for them just now? I know anyone who holds shares will be worried - as it will probably devalue them, but for the board - is it an issue?

The suspension, brought about by the club’s Stock Exchange nominated advisers (Nomad), W H Ireland, means that Rangers now have 30 days to satisfy the AIM market to reinstate trading, otherwise the shares will effectively become worthless, other than in private deals between investors

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11449904/Rangers-share-trading-suspended-although-board-claim-they-tried-to-stop-process.html

If King finds a Nomad this will be the fifth one since 2012. That turnover in itself is now a problem. Then you have King as on the board but not on the board. They did try address the lack of diversity on the board by the appointment of the chap who drew cartoons of the prophet mohammed performing a homosexual sex act on Jar Jar Binks.

effectively worthless... Man this is some pretty instant financial karma to those who voted Team King in and Team Ashley out if it happens.

King said he had a nomad lined up and one who would approve him as a director. Maybe they are just playing hardball on their fee for such services or maybe they got cold feet...time will tell.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11449904/Rangers-share-trading-suspended-although-board-claim-they-tried-to-stop-process.html

If King finds a Nomad this will be the fifth one since 2012. That turnover in itself is now a problem. Then you have King as on the board but not on the board. They did try address the lack of diversity on the board by the appointment of the chap who drew cartoons of the prophet mohammed performing a homosexual sex act on Jar Jar Binks.

effectively worthless... Man this is some pretty instant financial karma to those who voted Team King in and Team Ashley out if it happens.

King said he had a nomad lined up and one who would approve him as a director. Maybe they are just playing hardball on their fee for such services or maybe they got cold feet...time will tell.

Exactly the point I've been making the last few pages. Because of the recent debacles the board need to be SEEN to be doing things the right way. I know loads of Bears are delighted with the changes but I'm still weary. Your point about the NOMAD is something that worries me. 4 in the last 3 years cant be dressed up to be positive no matter how hard we want it to be.

They are certainly saying all the right things, but that's all it is at the moment. As you say, time will tell if we do actually make steps in the right direction rather than just talk about it.