Series Worth Watching - Page 100 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

On 5/23/2023 at 9:41 AM, TDYER63 said:

Another 2 shows not to watch.

The Diplomat - I  lasted 30 minutes. Utter shite. 

The Night Agent - for some reason I kept going with this.  I have just finished episode 8 and have lost the will to live.Still another 2 to go. Talk about stretching things out. Its  a run of the mill American hero type show with the obligatory beautiful couple in lead roles. Bad acting and  forgettable plot. 

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The diplomat on Netflix. Utter horse shit

I am getting a bit concerned about how similar we are . You should be more concerned right enough. 

6 hours ago, slasher said:

The Lincoln Lawyer is a relatively easy watch. Fans of Bosch will probably quite enjoy it although it’s nowhere near as edgy.

I didn't enjoy season 2 the same as season 1. It was too much of the same story line

On 11/16/2023 at 9:35 AM, TDYER63 said:

I am getting a bit concerned about how similar we are . You should be more concerned right enough. 

So I tried this again. Got to mid episode 3 and said no more but I got the message from the series

Female = strong

Males = bumbling fools

On 11/20/2023 at 9:19 PM, vanderark14 said:

So I tried this again. Got to mid episode 3 and said no more but I got the message from the series

Female = strong

Males = bumbling fools

😂 3 episodes?? Are  you targeting the Endurance prize at the TAMB annual award ceremony ? 
I never got as far as any messages other than this is utter horse dung . 

Bodies on Netflix with Stephen Graham is pretty underwhelming.  The same dead body is found in the same location across 4 different time lines and it jumps back and forth across the 4 time lines as they each try to solve the case.  It's painfully slow and nowhere near as smart as it seems to think it is.

53 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Bodies on Netflix with Stephen Graham is pretty underwhelming.  The same dead body is found in the same location across 4 different time lines and it jumps back and forth across the 4 time lines as they each try to solve the case.  It's painfully slow and nowhere near as smart as it seems to think it is.

I'm struggling to stay with this one too...

Anyone watched the crown?

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We've watched it, for some reason they are releasing it in two parts. 

Seems to be the way these days. Dont really see the point if it’s already filmed. Its not like we don’t know the outcome on this TV series 🙄

On 11/15/2023 at 1:59 PM, stocky said:

Started this due to your recommendation

It's good, easy watching

Although it's more like Oceans 11 meets Thomas Crown...

the original Thos Crown , or the re-boot .....i thinks Oceans 11 was an old film too

i just finished 'The Crown' new episodes ; prob flogged on here ...... Diana actress very good as was Charles - I've never really liked Imelda Staunton tho but am sure she did a fine job ; Jonathan Pryce pulls of a passable Duke as most actors seemed to do  

took my son to see Napoleon last night  - so looking fwd to it - huge bore i thought - ashamed to say i enjoyed the new hunger games recently with my daughter

Just finished Union with David Olusoga...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0gd25kn

Thought it was a pretty fair synopsis of the last 400 years and how they have shaped the current state of the British Isles. Olusoga seems like a decent bloke, although I found the way he pronounces "Union" a bit annoying, which isn't ideal given the number of times he says it!

On 11/22/2023 at 2:06 PM, Fairbairn said:

Should have been better given the budget and cast, first 6 episodes were ok but you so knew the time travel was coming. Would have been good without the sci-fi angle 

6 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Should have been better given the budget and cast, first 6 episodes were ok but you so knew the time travel was coming. Would have been good without the sci-fi angle 

thought the ending was very anti climatic. Took me 5 episodes to work out what the hell was  going on. 

16 hours ago, dan cake said:

16 hours ago, EddardStark said:

thought the ending was very anti climatic. Took me 5 episodes to work out what the hell was  going on. 

I'm not really sure why I'm still watching it.  Think I'm at episode 5 and at best I've got a loose handle on what's going on.  And Stephen's Graham's posh accent takes me straight out of it every time he talks!

We are halfway through season 1 of Kin on iplayer, very good so far 👍

Irvine Welsh’s Crime was a mixed bag for me. Some good moments of humour and a decent cast but I did get fed up with scenes of Dougray Scott in tears looking as though he was trying to push out a mahoosive jobby! Mrs S liked it though so we stuck with it until it’s inevitable conclusion.

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

Irvine Welsh’s Crime was a mixed bag for me. Some good moments of humour and a decent cast but I did get fed up with scenes of Dougray Scott in tears looking as though he was trying to push out a mahoosive jobby! Mrs S liked it though so we stuck with it until it’s inevitable conclusion.

Gave up after one episode for that reason. It was just too awkward to watch and even Ken Stott couldn’t save it for me. 

On 11/16/2023 at 1:19 PM, slasher said:

The Lincoln Lawyer is a relatively easy watch. Fans of Bosch will probably quite enjoy it although it’s nowhere near as edgy.

Watching this now. Its pretty tame and easy watch  as you say,  but I dont mind that as its not pretending to be anything other than that. 

On 11/28/2023 at 8:41 AM, Fairbairn said:

I'm not really sure why I'm still watching it.  Think I'm at episode 5 and at best I've got a loose handle on what's going on.  And Stephen's Graham's posh accent takes me straight out of it every time he talks!

Sacked Bodies off halfway through the 6th episode.  Was watching it and realised I didn't have a clue what was going on, and didn't care enough to go back and find out.  One of the most disappointing shows I've watched in a while.

• 3 weeks later...