Ryan Dow And Dundee Utds Conveyor Belt Of Young Talent - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Dow And Dundee Utds Conveyor Belt Of Young Talent

Robroysboy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I'm not sure if he'll ever play for Scotland. On his day he's a brilliant player, but he's been too inconsistent.

I didn't think he'd have a future at Tannadice at the start of last season, but he's come on. He's 22 (ish) so who knows where he'll go.

The most important thing for Utd is keeping the chairman there. He's the guy keeps putting £750k a year into the youth system. The first guys out of the performance schools should be hitting the scene in a year or two. Ali Coote's already been on the bench.

I didn't think he'd have a future at Tannadice at the start of last season, but he's come on. He's 22 (ish) so who knows where he'll go.

The most important thing for Utd is keeping the chairman there. He's the guy keeps putting £750k a year into the youth system. The first guys out of the performance schools should be hitting the scene in a year or two. Ali Coote's already been on the bench.

Than will start to pay for itself soon enough if it starts to produce Million pound+ players. It would be great if united get stable enough to resist selling young players and have a proper crack at the SPL. I can dream can't I? Edited by kmcca5

Than will start to pay for itself soon enough if it starts to produce Million pound+ players. It would be great if united get stable enough to resist selling young players and have a proper crack at the SPL. I can dream can't I?

Nice idea but even Celtic are a selling club.

What United are doing is fantastic though and the group of young players there; Souttar, Spark, Coote, Telfer etc have the potential to make big money for them again.

I like how United are targetting promising old firm players who won't get a proper chance - telfer a great example. They also tried to get Denny Johnstone too. McNamara being held onto is priority number 1!

Nice idea but even Celtic are a selling club.

What United are doing is fantastic though and the group of young players there; Souttar, Spark, Coote, Telfer etc have the potential to make big money for them again.

I like how United are targetting promising old firm players who won't get a proper chance - telfer a great example. They also tried to get Denny Johnstone too. McNamara being held onto is priority number 1!

Nice to see that Celtic and Rangers poor record of bringing through Scottish youth is beginning to bite them in the arse.

Eh? How is it biting Celtic on the arse?

Haven’t some of their youth players left because they weren’t getting game time? I know Rangers obviously have but I had it in my head that a few good Celtic youngsters have gone else where due to lack of opportunity. Correct me if I am wrong.... it happens all the time!

Hats off to dundee united and there record of brining through a steady flow of young scottish players.

Young ryan dow looked good today with a brace against stranraer.

Another future scotland prospect ?

Scoring against Stranraer isn't enough to merit a Scotland call-up.

Havent some of their youth players left because they werent getting game time? I know Rangers obviously have but I had it in my head that a few good Celtic youngsters have gone else where due to lack of opportunity. Correct me if I am wrong.... it happens all the time!

I don't think we've lost anyone we desperately wanted to keep since Feruz left and even that isn't looking like a loss now.

Less players come through at a team like Celtic because it's harder to get in the team and the demand for instant success is greater. Some players still make it but not enough for my liking.

Dow is a million miles off the squad just now, he's a decent player but I doubt if he will ever trouble the squad. Strachan was saying the other day that the next 2 games he will bring in and give a chance to some youth. For me it's got to be Armstrong, GMS, Jack and possibly gauld.

Dow is a million miles off the squad just now, he's a decent player but I doubt if he will ever trouble the squad. Strachan was saying the other day that the next 2 games he will bring in and give a chance to some youth. For me it's got to be Armstrong, GMS, Jack and possibly gauld.

Lets give youth a chance by all means but its stretching it a bit to include Armstrong, GMS and Jack as youth players. Mackay-Steven is 24, Jack is 23 at the end of this month and Armstrong is 23 next month.

They might be decent players but youth players they are not - they are all in a similar age bracket as Grant Hanley. And he is not regarded as a youth player.

Lets give youth a chance by all means but its stretching it a bit to include Armstrong, GMS and Jack as youth players. Mackay-Steven is 24, Jack is 23 at the end of this month and Armstrong is 23 next month.

They might be decent players but youth players they are not - they are all in a similar age bracket as Grant Hanley. And he is not regarded as a youth player.

We always do this with Scotland - 'young' player could be a relatively uncapped 25 year old.

All for Jack Harper being fastracked aswell as Gauld they are the creative future

I don't think we've lost anyone we desperately wanted to keep since Feruz left and even that isn't looking like a loss now.

Less players come through at a team like Celtic because it's harder to get in the team and the demand for instant success is greater. Some players still make it but not enough for my liking.

Barcelona manage(d) it as did Ajax a few years back. Both European champions on several occasions.