Best Sandwich Filling.... - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Sandwich Filling....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingredients

• Roll of your choice (1)
  • Bacon of your choice (6-8 rashers)
  • Butter (the recipe is illegal for margarine arseholes)

Instructions

• Do the bacon to your taste, rashers (6-8), crispy (but not falling to bits crispy for me).
  • Take the bacon out the oven or grill tray. Put it spaced out on sheet of quality kitchen roll, to crisp up a bit.
  • Cut your bread roll in half and put halves, faces down, into the still hot residue bacon fat in the tray, swirl about, so all bacon fat is absorbed. Leave half rolls sitting there to heat up for a half min.
  • Then one by one additionally slather each half roll face in copious butter until ridiculously bacony and buttery.
  • Put the now crisp bacon rashers (6-8) in between the two now bacon buttery half rolls et voila, the best bap you'll have all day.

Enjoy.

Ingredients

Instructions

• Do the bacon to your taste, rashers (6-8), crispy (but not falling to bits crispy for me).
  • Take the bacon out the oven or grill tray. Put it spaced out on sheet of quality kitchen roll, to crisp up a bit.
  • Cut your bread roll in half and put halves, faces down, into the still hot residue bacon fat in the tray, swirl about, so all bacon fat is absorbed. Leave half rolls sitting there to heat up for a half min.
  • Then one by one additionally slather each half roll face in copious butter until ridiculously bacony and buttery.
  • Put the now crisp bacon rashers (6-8) in between the two now bacon buttery half rolls et voila, the best bap you'll have all day.
Enjoy.

great roll but potential clogging of the arteries !

Ingredients

Instructions

Enjoy.

One concurs. The other stuffs fur blouses/ birds....

He should have said that they were out of wholemeal!

Thank you

A nod to the master - will learn from this and move on

I thought you'd gotten punch line muddled but wasn't quite sure, mainly because I was surprised there's someone else out there who can f*** up a punchline as badly as myself.

Loads seem to be into the crispy bacon.

I'm clearly weird by liking my bacon cooked but soft. ( fat cut off btw ! )

Red or Brown sauce, makes no odds to me.

The fat is the best bit, crisp it up and its amazing.

Crispy bacon is mingin.

and for any breakfast ingredient it should be BROWN sauce only!

red sauce is for fish fingers sandwiches and chips.

it's the law :wink2:

Brown sauce for roll with egg and tottie scone, tomato sauce for egg and chips.

Crispy bacon is mingin.

and for any breakfast ingredient it should be BROWN sauce only!

red sauce is for fish fingers sandwiches and chips.

it's the law :wink2:

Naw haha.

I hate brown sauce. tomato sauce on everything basically, including pizzas.....and yes i know they come with that already

Fascination with tomato sauce baffles me. Some folk put it on almost everything they eat. What's the point in eating different foods, everything will just taste like tomato fecking sauce!!

Fascination with tomato sauce baffles me. Some folk put it on almost everything they eat. What's the point in eating different foods, everything will just taste like tomato fecking sauce!!

spot on Parkie. its urely ruins the taste of good food. I do have sauce on certain stuff - chips being the prime example but when I see folk putting it on good food it baffles me. like you say - their whole diet must taste like red/ brown sauce.