Cricket World Cup - Page 6 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cricket World Cup

Slide tackle

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just a shame we're in the harder group. Ireland and the UAE the west Indies, Pakistan and Zimbabwe who are all flaky as fuk. Our equivalents are England sri Lanka and Bangladesh, which is a tougher set of opposition imo

Geoff Boycott knows how to help Scotland's pre-game team talk.....

"They're not out of the World Cup ... but it's a good job we have minnows to play, because you couldn't say they're playing well enough to beat any decent team."

"We'll all be a bit nervous on Monday ... the 'Scottish' day," added Boycott.

Edited by northernscum

England have been dross so far but lets be realistic here. Even them on an off night will probably have too much for us. Scotland are still developing in the sport and have a long way to go. We are not like Ireland who have a proven track record in beating test playing nations at the World Cup. Heck it is notable if we actually win a game even against associate nations (as they are called) at he World Cup. Still it should be interesting.

England have been dross so far but lets be realistic here. Even them on an off night will probably have too much for us. Scotland are still developing in the sport and have a long way to go. We are not like Ireland who have a proven track record in beating test playing nations at the World Cup. Heck it is notable if we actually win a game even against associate nations (as they are called) at he World Cup. Still it should be interesting.

What better time to break the duck with that stat! Stopping England making the KO stages would be top class hilarity :-))

What better time to break the duck with that stat! Stopping England making the KO stages would be top class hilarity :-))

True but that alone does not elevate a team never having won a match of note even against much lesser opposition at this level into one capable of beating an established team no matter how much dross they are playing. If Scotland could pull it off I'd put it way above any of the surprises served up by Ireland in recent years.

To the cricket buffs on here:

I will be watching this as a pure novice with regard to the intricacies of one day cricket. So what are the realistic chances of Scotland pulling off a win tonight and effectively knocking England out of the competition so soon?

Could we then go on to qualify ourselves from the group?

I must admit i don't mind watching cricket, Test, ODI or T20, but having Scotland to cheer on makes it that bit more of a buzz. :ok:

There is a chance of winning tonight, but I fear the World XI will win relatively comfortably.

Even if we do somehow provide a massive shock tonight, for me, there's no chance of us progressing from the group.

Cheers.

So what are Scotlands strengths? Bowling or Batting.

We should surely have to keep them to under 200 to have a chance?