I'm Going To Buy The Daily Record Tomorrow - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'm Going To Buy The Daily Record Tomorrow

Gulp.

Today was their No editorial with all the pash from Bob Geldof etc... tomorrow is their Yes edition. I'm maybe being naive about this, but i think they're testing the water with this little experiment. If there's a much higher sale of the Yes paper tomorrow than today's No yin, are they more likely to declare for Yes?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Extreme0

Don't know...friday is a better sales day for papers is it not? And even if the Yes edition got more people buying it, it would be mostly non-readers getting a piece of history or buying because it's yes related. After they declear being yes, no doubt after the referendum the paper's sales will go back to what it was.

I would never normally buy it (or any other tabloid) but I'll make an exception tomorrow. I'm aware that friday sales are higher but if they get a substantial %age increase on what they normally sell on a Yes paper, with the polls seemingly getting tighter, at some point surely there's a financial decision to be made about who they'll back on the basis of sales? They WILL declare either way, they always do.

My point is that if the DR (or the Sun as has been rumoured) come out for Yes that's a massive win for Yes as it reinforces the momentum. And there is some merit in the argument that people are persuaded by the pervading mood.

Haven't bought one for years and not always available down south, anyone fancying buying a copy for me!

Same here will have a look in the shops I know sometimes have it but just incase someone grab a copy for me please

People calling for committed Yes voters NOT to buy the paper tomorrow.

Recalling when Sunday Herald printed their famous front page and folk were buying up multiple copis and stores quickly ran out.

Theory goes that the undecideds need to get it, not committed Yes voters.

Recalling when Sunday Herald printed their famous front page and folk were buying up multiple copis and stores quickly ran out.

Buy one, then leave it on the bus, on top of the pile of Metros. That ok?

I don't care one way or another.

Sorry, I don't understand the point your were making in your previous post? Was it just reporting what folk were saying or (as I thought) were you endorsing it?

Either way, it's a braw front page. :)

What about buying one and sticking it through a No voters letterbox?

Sorry, I don't understand the point your were making in your previous post? Was it just reporting what folk were saying or (as I thought) were you endorsing it?

Either way, it's a braw front page. :)

No, I was just reporting it. I didn't endorse it.

Or buying one and sending it to BT freepost address!

That would just be a waste. A lot of folk are voting NO based almost entirely on what they read in the papers. What other reason would they have? Reading this version of the Record might just be enough to make them at least think about the alternative.