Humza Yousaf Vs David Coburn - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Humza Yousaf Vs David Coburn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CADvG8WWwAA1EmL.jpg

Bit confusing that excuse. The quote attributed to him is ''Humza Yousaf, or as I call him, Abu Hamza"

That isn't forgetting a name unless what he meant to say was "Humza Yousaf, or as I call him, Humza Yousaf" but forgot his name in that 1 second after already saying it.

I'm tempted to go with the him being an ignorant racist reason after due consideration.

Bit confusing that excuse. The quote attributed to him is ''Humza Yousaf, or as I call him, Abu Hamza"

That isn't forgetting a name unless what he meant to say was "Humza Yousaf, or as I call him, Humza Yousaf" but forgot his name in that 1 second after already saying it.

I'm tempted to go with the him being an ignorant racist reason after due consideration.

They all sound the same.

The fact this Minty bloke is pushing this as the excuse is mind boggling! It basically says he meant it but since we've been pulled up on it we need to say anything and the media will back us.

Racist Kunts.

To be fair most UKIP votes were down to Farage not the candidates on his list...

Which in itself is embarrassing enough. You are right though. I'm sure if you asked the majority of folk that voted UKIP in the European elections they wouldn't have known they were voting for Coburn. I also suspect some wouldn't have voted for them if they had known what a complete bellend the guy is.

Edited by Jaggy Jim

The silence from opposition parties is deafening. Imagine if this statement came from a senior SNP politician about a Labour, Tory or Fib Dem member. The outcry would be like unleashing the Hounds of the Baskevilles.

Davidson, Murphy and Rennie have all condemned Coburn's comments.

https://twitter.com/HumzaYousaf/status/576812925865893888

Edited by Jaggy Jim

The silence from opposition parties is deafening. Imagine if this statement came from a senior SNP politician about a Labour, Tory or Fib Dem member. The outcry would be like unleashing the Hounds of the Baskevilles.

To be fair i have seen tweets from Ruth Davidson and Dougie Alexander calling out Coburn for the scum that he is.

But as you say, something more official in the MSM would be more appropriate.

To be fair i have seen tweets from Ruth Davidson and Dougie Alexander calling out Coburn for the scum that he is.

But as you say, something more official in the MSM would be more appropriate.

David Clegg and Kevin McKenna calling him for it this morning on Sunday Politics Scotland. Clegg, especially, was quite vociferous in his dislike of the guy, saying he had heard other things like this from him in private.

It might be a resigning matter in any other UK or Scottish mainstream party. Only a member of the DUP could get away with that kind of thing without being taken to task.

This.

It's disgraceful, imagine if sonething like this had come from an SNP MP/MSP/MEP...

Yet again absolutely astounding double standards.