Tartan Army Highlight Of 2014 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartan Army Highlight Of 2014

Robroysboy

After a few years of more lows than highs. I think it has to be the whole year that has made it for me. Yes there have been some great wins and great goals. The way WGS has found a formation that we play and play well has got to be the best thing this year and hopefully next year as well. Apart from the first half against Germany where we gave them far to much respect and the pointless friendly against England I have loved this campaign.

After a few years of more lows than highs. I think it has to be the whole year that has made it for me. Yes there have been some great wins and great goals. The way WGS has found a formation that we play and play well has got to be the best thing this year and hopefully next year as well. Apart from the first half against Germany where we gave them far to much respect and the pointless friendly against England I have loved this campaign.

Good summary, the competitive draw in Warsaw sums it up for me. There seems to be some resiliance in the team. After Poland beat Germany and we went 1 down, the Scotland players had the belief and mental strength tonot only get an equaliser but go in front that night.

With a bit more luck we could have won in Poland in that match but a draw was probually a fair result from a nuetral point of view. I like many others of the Tartan Army are optomistic about the teams chances in 2015. If 2014 is a gauge of the results that are to come, WE SHOULD BE OK.

:ok:

I would say this has been a steady year, couple of high's, but performance wise feel we have back tracked a tad...

Performance wise Dortmund and Warsaw (all in spells) were good, but Georgia at Ibrox was one of the worst under strachan and England was a wake up call.

Still feel that we are in a period of transition, but will get better with time and 2015 will hopefully be the tear we finally click.

I would say this has been a steady year, couple of high's, but performance wise feel we have back tracked a tad...

Performance wise Dortmund and Warsaw (all in spells) were good, but Georgia at Ibrox was one of the worst under strachan and England was a wake up call.

Still feel that we are in a period of transition, but will get better with time and 2015 will hopefully be the tear we finally click.

Georgia at Ibrox, apart from not killing them off is one of the most controlled Scotland performances in years.

In terms of actual football, it has to be Maloney's winner against Ireland.

On a personal note, it was the day after the Poland friendly. About 15 TA were drinking in a small bar when a Polish girl came in with her Argentinian boyfriend, who was wearing an Argentina scarf. Cue, several renditions of the Maradona song, and drinks bought for them pair of them :-))

Georgia at Ibrox, apart from not killing them off is one of the most controlled Scotland performances in years.

I honestly can't recall a Scotland side passing the ball as well as we did in the first 30 minutes of that match in my entire life.

Maloney goal, not just for the goal, but for capping a long patient tense game before it, and because it turned out the crucial winning goal

Anya goal v Germany something special too

Also enjoyed the game v Nigeria, had a feelgood factor, everyone getting behind team and manager

Edited by exile