Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title? - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to say, I would love us to win it (obviously), but don't think we will.

This is just a disclaimer when the clamber comes when we lose a game (which we will) and we get hammered for saying this,that and the next thing.

I think most said on here is tongue in cheek,the resources available and when celtic get knocked out of Europe will dictate the destiny of the season.

But don't put us down,were enjoying the moment,not knowing when it will end.

Here's hoping in doesnt though.

:ok:

Edited by dandydunn

I would be delighted to see Aberdeen - or anyone other than Rangers - beat Celtic to the title. Obviously if Dundee Utd are still in it come May, which I doubt, my position may change.

Yeah same here, anyone but Celtic to win the premier and hearts and Hibs to get promoted would be fantastic

Just imagine if celtic hadn't had that extremely lucky win at pittodrie......................

If we'd beaten Celtic twice...which we could have.....we'd have 49 points and Celtic would have 33.

I know, I know...if yer gran had baws ertc etc.

If we'd beaten Celtic twice...which we could have.....we'd have 49 points and Celtic would have 33.

I know, I know...if yer gran had baws ertc etc.

I look forward to us winning the league having failed to beat Celtic, Rangers, Hearts & Hibs.

if dRoss County hadn't lost all those games they'd be top....

as for the original question - Celtic by +5 points over aberdeen :(

Despite loving things at the moment (and even allowing the odd stray daydream), and despite this being the worst Celtic team I've seen (well, worst managed anyway), I don't think we will finish within 5 points of them.

When was the last time any team in the top league in Scotland (outwith the OF probably) won 8 league games in a row ? Incredible run.

Also when was the last time any team in the top flight in Scotland did it without conceding a goal ?

I don't know the answers but maybe some Statto here might.

When was the last time any team in the top league in Scotland (outwith the OF probably) won 8 league games in a row ? Incredible run.

Also when was the last time any team in the top flight in Scotland did it without conceding a goal ?

I don't know the answers but maybe some Statto here might.

Probably Hearts when they won their first 8 SPL games in 2005-06 - they let in a few goals though...

Celtic won 13 league games in a row last season without conceding a goal (their run started and finished with goals scored against them by Aberdeen...).

Probably Hearts when they won their first 8 SPL games in 2005-06 - they let in a few goals though...

Celtic won 13 league games in a row last season without conceding a goal (their run started and finished with goals scored against them by Aberdeen...).

Cheers neilser. I did mean to mention that Hearts teams as the poss last one I could think of on a winning streak (didn't know for sure though).

That must be a non-OF record for the last 20-25 years.

Didn't realise that about Celtic. Quite incredible not having a single goal against them in such a long run.

Now I think about it, that would have been when Forster broke some sort of Scottish/British clean sheet record.

Cheers neilser. I did mean to mention that Hearts teams as the poss last one I could think of on a winning streak (didn't know for sure though).

That must be a non-OF record for the last 20-25 years.

Didn't realise that about Celtic. Quite incredible not having a single goal against them in such a long run.

Now I think about it, that would have been when Forster broke some sort of Scottish/British clean sheet record.

The rescheduled game against the Dons meant that Celtic avoided playing Aberdeen during that stretch.

(That's why there is an asterisk beside that entry.)

Aberdeen scored 5 goals against Celtic in the League last year, and another 2 in the Scottish Cup when we knocked them out.