Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy there I was moaning to my dad that I'd be away down south for the replay...

Think Aberdeen were the slightly better team, as we have been many times this season. But, if you're only 'slightly' and not 'by far' the better team, something like that will eventually happen. Good luck to Dundee.

Quality of football on show was pretty poor. No player showed up as a class above. Heard a lot about Jack but he obviously didn't play to his standards as he was ordinary like the rest on show. Dundee keeper looked decent but not sure if he's a youngster or not.

Tbh if that's the standard of the SPFL then I hope we get promoted as we'd be in with a shout of top 6. We're closer than I thought.

A lot of Jack's best work is done in his own half, which is possibly why he's still relatively off the radar.

One (slight) positive today was Taylor. A goal-saving tackle in the first half, and even a decent run forward in the second!

Quality of football on show was pretty poor. No player showed up as a class above. Heard a lot about Jack but he obviously didn't play to his standards as he was ordinary like the rest on show. Dundee keeper looked decent but not sure if he's a youngster or not.

Tbh if that's the standard of the SPFL then I hope we get promoted as we'd be in with a shout of top 6. We're closer than I thought.

Utter pish.

Jack strolled through that game and was the best player on show is what was a very competitive game. Constantly won the ball, broke up play, and never wasted a pass.

The quality was better in the first half, but it certainly wasn't all that bad in the 2nd.

I realise of course that this is pointless, because you're just lashing out after the justified crticism that the shite team you support gets.

Constantly won the ball, broke up play, and never wasted a pass.

Aye, these are his main strengths; he's not exactly a 'highlights' player, but he's excellent at what he does. Agree he was the best player on the park today, but the fact that Hayes - who by definition is going to be more noticed, given his role in the team - was given MOTM further illustrates my points in this, and my previous post.

It's not the defence as such, it's the fact that Jack aside we have a midfield that is geared to attack...Pawlett, Hayes and McGinn.

Jack does a power of work....surely due a proper international call-up soon....but the rest of the midfield is hardly geared to cover back.

We miss Flood for that, and teams can exploit that gaps that are left.

Jack is no where near the international team. He has been consistently gash for the 21s and is just a decent spl player.

Jack is no where near the international team. He has been consistently gash for the 21s and is just a decent spl player.

I doubt if you even know who he is. Aberdeen's best and most consistent player this season by a mile.

Ross County just scored by the way.

Jack was the best player on the park by an absolute mile :lol:

Credit to Dundee. They took their chances, we didn't. Clarkson lucky not to be sent off but we were lucky for a foul not to be awarded in the build up to our goal, so can't complain much.

Mcinnes needs to play either goodie or rooney, not both. It's not working having rooney wide.

Let's see how many caps he gets. Oh and...

Good luck in the cup this season....

Remember and ask for the Ladybird book on 'understanding fitba' for your Christmas.

Ross County just equalised.

Did you mean the League cup by the way ? Cheers.

Edited by Rossy