Slovenia Support Thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovenia Support Thread

bonny78

Good luck to Sloveina today. Keep it tight and try and get something. Score a goal if you want even!

If at any point the game is beyond you, just start haffing English players all over the pitch. Wham, bam, ping.. that sort of style. Will make the game look good if nothing else.

I shall be watching. Go on the Venia!

After sticking £50 on Ireland win or draw at 4/7 yesterday, I've got England on today's coupon. Happy to keep losing money...

You must be happy losing money with bets like that.

I cleaned up on Scotland last night also waiting in the rugby against nz to boost that.Obviously got a handicap bet there

You must be happy losing money with bets like that.

I cleaned up on Scotland last night also waiting in the rugby against nz to boost that.Obviously got a handicap bet there

[Pquote name=wheres the pies" post="53688" timestamp="1416063967]especially happy for you that you lost last nights bet :wave:

I certainly am! I nearly always bet on Scotland to loose away and draw at home. Would have won a fortune in we hadn't scored in the 96th minute against Liechenstein. Still went crazy when McManus scored though:-)

[Pquote name=wheres the pies" post="53688" timestamp="1416063967]especially happy for you that you lost last nights bet :wave:

I certainly am! I nearly always bet on Scotland to loose away and draw at home. Would have won a fortune in we hadn't scored in the 96th minute against Liechenstein. Still went crazy when McManus scored though:-)

Yer a good man haha.

I canny bring myself to bet against Scotland. Think i will lump them against england.

Well 2001 v Germany plus they usually buggered small teams. At the moment they are struggling i.e. their recent match v Estonia was only 1-0. Today's game didn't look comfortable till late on.

Germany 2001 was a bit of anomaly I would say. I think they have always tend to struggle or scrape through the mid-tier European sides like Poland for example. It's the likes of Moldova and Georgia that they always hammered without fail.

Germany 2001 was a bit of anomaly I would say. I think they have always tend to struggle or scrape through the mid-tier European sides like Poland for example. It's the likes of Moldova and Georgia that they always hammered without fail.

Exactly. While England are no great shakes, all but the top teams do setup defensively against them. Those that have the ability (Poland, Slovenia et al) to defend can, and often do frustrate them, but you very rarely see England against the wall for whole matches against these types of teams. In fact it's this problem of breaking teams down that highlights the lack of technical ability the players have - they quite often look ragged and bereft of ideas.

After they take the lead, the game opens up and England look a better proposition (even though the dozy media still think they only "wake up" after 60 mins). Don't get me wrong, I think they are - and have been for many many years - far from a top class side, but they are generally consistent with qualification, and when it comes to playing the mid-lower tier teams they will generally get scrappy-looking results.