Mccarthy Out - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccarthy Out

Damo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

betsy you can look at both sides and see reasons for confidence and reasons to worry.

For us the worry is dealing with the pressure which is on us as the home team to win whilst a draw would be deemed a decent result for yourselves so it could be said we have more to lose. On the other hand Ireland (and I am not saying your lucky) have rode their luck in this campaign to great effect and you feel at some point you are due a kick in the naddas so to speak and it could be tomorrow night.

betsy you can look at both sides and see reasons for confidence and reasons to worry.

For us the worry is dealing with the pressure which is on us as the home team to win whilst a draw would be deemed a decent result for yourselves so it could be said we have more to lose. On the other hand Ireland (and I am not saying your lucky) have rode their luck in this campaign to great effect and you feel at some point you are due a kick in the naddas so to speak and it could be tomorrow night.

You make your own luck, we didn't deserve to lose to Germany, and deserved to beat Georgia.

Germany had far more clear cut chances than they did vs Ireland. And would also like to point out that we managed a result vs Germany without Coleman and McCarthy.

You make your own luck, we didn't deserve to lose to Germany, and deserved to beat Georgia.

Germany had far more clear cut chances than they did vs Ireland. And would also like to point out that we managed a result vs Germany without Coleman and McCarthy.

Fair enough but lets be honest here as well.

You are no mugs that is a given but we have beaten better sides than yourselves at home in recent years such as Ukraine, Germany, France and Croatia so there is no reason why we should be sitting on the pot crapping ourselves.

Aye but it helps when you can call up anyone who's had a pint of Guinness in their life, how many Brits are in

your squad again? 12 is it? ?[/quote

]

Theres 23 Brits in your squad. Are yoy actually suggesting that the Germany result came from Ireland fielding English and Scottish Born Irish men? Sequence of the goal was Hoolahan to Hendrick to O'Shea,nothing Brittish about that goal.

Aye but it helps when you can call up anyone who's had a pint of Guinness in their life, how many Brits are in

your squad again? 12 is it? ?[/quote

]

Theres 23 Brits in your squad. Are yoy actually suggesting that the Germany result came from Ireland fielding English and Scottish Born Irish men? Sequence of the goal was Hoolahan to Hendrick to O'Shea,nothing Brittish about that goal.

Yes you're correct. But the 'Brits' take so much stick from the Irish, you'd think being the Southern Irish national team you'd actually assemble a squad of Southern Irishmen and not the Brits, imagine having an Irish squad where only 55 percent of them were Irish, makes a mockery of it no? And also when you slag us off for being Brits remember 45 percent of your team are the same ;)

All thats wrong with the West Coast McGeady is the perfect example. Weegie dad saying 'weve always considered ourselves Irish' - sectarian nonsense, hope the wee wenk goes off in a stretcher

ETA: gladly I think its died down a good bit and now theres only a small small minority like that.

Having met some of his family, I don't think his dad is like that at all.

Yip, I haven't met his dad but I know a couple of people that drink with him and by all accounts he certainly isn't like that.

Yip, I haven't met his dad but I know a couple of people that drink with him and by all accounts he certainly isn't like that.

I had read someone say there was a video of his dad saying that on youtube? I never watched it myself and I have no desire to sit through videos of him seeing if I can find it so it may be absolute bollocks.

ame="betsy123" post="52325" timestamp="1415905008"]

Yes you're correct. But the 'Brits' take so much stick from the Irish, you'd think being the Southern Irish national team you'd actually assemble a squad of Southern Irishmen and not the Brits, imagine having an Irish squad where only 55 percent of them were Irish, makes a mockery of it no? And also when you slag us off for being Brits remember 45 percent of your team are the same ;)

Brits don't take any stick from me, I quite like the English, however I am not very fond of certain Brits, e.g loyalists(the parading,union jack waving ones).

My Mother and Father lived in England for 10 years, I have English cousins.

I have visited England and Wales many times,and always enjoy it. I have always been under the impression that the Scots hated the English more than us. I don't care who represents Ireland,aslong as they give 100 percent,and of the guys in the squad,they so far have given 100 percent.

I think you are just a little Butt-hurt over James and Aiden turning their backs on Scotland,which is understandable, however this happened a long time ago and needs to be forgotten.

Brits don't take any stick from me, I quite like the English, however I am not very fond of certain Brits, e.g loyalists(the parading,union jack waving ones).

My Mother and Father lived in England for 10 years, I have English cousins.

I have visited England and Wales many times,and always enjoy it. I have always been under the impression that the Scots hated the English more than us. I don't care who represents Ireland,aslong as they give 100 percent,and of the guys in the squad,they so far have given 100 percent.

What about Scotland and us Scots ?

Aren't you the same poster over on YBIG called "IlikeToffees" who in a exchange with me, made a ridiculous claim of having been the victim of sectarian abuse by us "dirty skirt wearers" in 2011 during the Dublin tournament ?

You claimed at first that it was solely "a lad in a Kenny Miller jersey" but then claimed later on that he had mates with him ?

What about Scotland and us Scots ?

Aren't you the same poster over on YBIG called "IlikeToffees" who in a exchange with me, made a ridiculous claim of having been the victim of sectarian abuse by us "dirty skirt wearers" in 2011 during the Dublin tournament ?

You claimed at first that it was solely "a lad in a Kenny Miller jersey" but then claimed later on that he had mates with him ?

Yes, I certainly was a victim of such abuse, as was my dad,uncle,cousins and brothers. It opened my eyes to the fact that not all, in fact most Scots are not our "Celtic (the warrior ,not team) Brothers". You implied that I lied and that it didn't happen. I don't know what I would seek to gain from lying. However I would prefer if you were to message me privately to discuss this if you wish.

Surprised to hear that mate, ive never come across it at Scotland games. we had a great time in Dublin at that game. Dicks in every crowd though. Don't think we are all like that.

ET suggests that I am lying because at first I said it was a guy in a Kenny Miller jersey and then when I said he was with mates he decided that I was lying. I assumed he would know that the person who said these things was with mates,because lets be honest,who goes to an away game on their own?

Yes, I certainly was a victim of such abuse, as was my dad,uncle,cousins and brothers. It opened my eyes to the fact that not all, in fact most Scots are not our "Celtic (the warrior ,not team) Brothers". You implied that I lied and that it didn't happen. I don't know what I would seek to gain from lying. However I would prefer if you were to message me privately to discuss this if you wish.

You had no problem posting it on a public forum before and called us "dirty skirt wearers" into the bargain. You are also in the perfect place to put the matter to Scotland supporters.

Surprised to hear that mate, ive never come across it at Scotland games. we had a great time in Dublin at that game. Dicks in every crowd though. Don't think we are all like that.

Ignore him mate he made it up for attention seeking purposes.

He also changed his story twice.

First it was one guy and just him being the recipient.

Then it was a whole group of them and he, his wife and kids being the recipient.

He also admitted he "can't stand" us Scots for other non specific reasons. This guy is lying. I know our supporters and we are not sectarian. He also claimed that there was widespread bigotry amongst our support when we played in Dublin back in 2011.

He's talking utter bollocks.