Mccarthy Out - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccarthy Out

Damo

Agreed, But to be fair you are on a Scottish forum, I am sure on Irish forums you guys are confident and believe you have the better players. We are allowed to be biased. Nobody can judge player for player but it is where both Gordon Strachan and MON are good at, they get the best out of players and compete with seemingly better teams. Will be a good game and i suspect an easy win for the Scots.. not that i'm biased ;)

It's a bit more pragmatic on the Irish forums. The general consensus is that any result is possible. I'm kind of baffled by all 'comfortable scottish win' comments here. The group so far doesn't suggest that. I understand your confidence but it does seem to be tipping into over confidence.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't say he was better, but he most likely will go on to have a better career. And is probably an improvement on Whelan. McCarthy isn't too much of a loss,as while he is a top,top player at club level he doesnt play the same posistion,or play as well for his country.

Hmm well calling Bryson a journeyman and Kendricks a quality up and coming player sounds to me like you think Kendricks is better.

All thats wrong with the West Coast McGeady is the perfect example. Weegie dad saying 'weve always considered ourselves Irish' - sectarian nonsense, hope the wee wenk goes off in a stretcher

ETA: gladly I think its died down a good bit and now theres only a small small minority like that.

Having met some of his family, I don't think his dad is like that at all.

I wonder what was more injured, his hamstring or his conscience?

I am not sure that McCarthy being out is that great a thing for us, another in the long list of the great overrated, plus with all that surrounds him I;d say he's a stick on yellow card if not more. Ah well, Im sure his replacement will be equally pash.

I wonder what was more injured, his hamstring or his conscience?

I am not sure that McCarthy being out is that great a thing for us, another in the long list of the great overrated, plus with all that surrounds him I;d say he's a stick on yellow card if not more. Ah well, Im sure his replacement will be equally pash.

No it is a really good thing that he is out.

McCarthy is brilliant - but I am biased.

I didn't though, I just said Hendrick is a good young player, which he is. Changed the game vs Germany when he got on,and got a top class assist. Will comfortably be a top 6-8 premier league player within the next few years.

"Nosense,Hendricks a qauility up and coming player,Brysons a middle aged journey man."

Hmmm

It's a bit more pragmatic on the Irish forums. The general consensus is that any result is possible. I'm kind of baffled by all 'comfortable scottish win' comments here. The group so far doesn't suggest that. I understand your confidence but it does seem to be tipping into over confidence.

Yes, agreed. Wind it in a bit guys.

I'm not comfortable with this over confidence and hope that it's just a bit of a 'wind up' on the part of those making it. The reality is that we probably do have the stronger squad, but, although we seem to be on the 'slag off McGeady' mission, we would have to admit that he would have been a certain starter for us if he had opted for Scotland. He will be the top 'flair' player on the pitch and the most likely to do something different and create something or score a 'wonder' goal. Let's hope he has an off night, as he often does, in which case I think we will win, but let's not get carried away until the 90 minutes are up, and show a bit of respect to Ireland, as we would want them to do to us.

Yes, agreed. Wind it in a bit guys.

I'm not comfortable with this over confidence and hope that it's just a bit of a 'wind up' on the part of those making it. The reality is that we probably do have the stronger squad, but, although we seem to be on the 'slag off McGeady' mission, we would have to admit that he would have been a certain starter for us if he had opted for Scotland. He will be the top 'flair' player on the pitch and the most likely to do something different and create something or score a 'wonder' goal. Let's hope he has an off night, as he often does, in which case I think we will win, but let's not get carried away until the 90 minutes are up, and show a bit of respect to Ireland, as we would want them to do to us.

Agree with all of that except, you had to get the little jibe about having a stronger squad in. But you actually dont have a stronger squad.

Agree with all of that except, you had to get the little jibe about having a stronger squad in. But you actually dont have a stronger squad.

Oh aye, because you have more Premier League players than us then you must be better :lol::lol:

:wave:

Edited by ErsatzThistle

I think a lot of Scotland fans would argue we do. Likewise I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland fans disagreed. In reality there's probably very little in it.

Oh aye, because you have more Premier League players than us then you must be better :lol::lol:

:wave:

No not just because of that. Because we have Expierienced players like O'Shea and Keane who have gotten results in far more hostile atmospheres against far better teams than Scotland. O'Shea and Keane are the spine, and our other players like Coleman,McGeady are very talented players then McClean,Long, Brady, etc are decent too.

It's a very important game for us and fowk are getting rightfully excited about it! cannae wait and a win would be magic and I'm very hopeful we can dae it.

As for the Irish fans, lookin forward to having a good laugh with them, a great bunch of fellas win lose or draw.

Dunno what fowk are getting their knickers in a twist aboot, they're no England, we're no England, they'll be welcomed wi open arms just like most of the rest of the fans that come visiting.

No not just because of that. Because we have Expierienced players like O'Shea and Keane who have gotten results in far more hostile atmospheres against far better teams than Scotland. O'Shea and Keane are the spine, and our other players like Coleman,McGeady are very talented players then McClean,Long, Brady, etc are decent too.

Err we may not have qualified for a major tournament for years but we have beaten teams of the calibre of France (twice) and Croatia (twice) to name a few in recent times and that was with the likes of Scott Brown, Craig Gordon, Darren Fletcher, Shaun Maloney, Steve Naismith, Alan Hutton, Steve Whittaker, Ikechi Anya, Steve Fletcher, James Morrison and others in this current squad.

Err we may not have qualified for a major tournament for years but we have beaten teams of the calibre of France (twice) and Croatia (twice) to name a few in recent times and that was with the likes of Scott Brown, Craig Gordon, Darren Fletcher, Shaun Maloney, Steve Naismith, Alan Hutton, Steve Whittaker, Ikechi Anya, Steve Fletcher, James Morrison and others in this current squad.

Wow you beat Croatia when you were already out of the running. Pressure was off Scotland, this time pressure is on Scotland, your medias comments have not made the task any easier. Seen someone on another thread saying that this was "an imensely talented group of players". Some perspective please. I think you lads are setting yourselfs up for a massive fall.

Wow you beat Croatia when you were already out of the running. Pressure was off Scotland, this time pressure is on Scotland, your medias comments have not made the task any easier. Seen someone on another thread saying that this was "an imensely talented group of players". Some perspective please. I think you lads are setting yourselfs up for a massive fall.

Well no the pressure wasn't off. We were teetering on the brink of dropping down a pot if we never got big results so it meant a lot to us PLUS Croatia were right in the running for qualification and against France we got wins to keep us in the running for qualification in a notorious group of death.