Jim Goodwin (Again!) - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Goodwin (Again!)

I see Jim Goodwin has been offered a ban by the compliance offer for an elbow on a Dundee utd player. Haven't seen it, but according to BBC it was after Dundee utd released their footage.

I think Dundee utd have previous for pursuing such things with their own video evidence, possibly even with Jim Goodwin?

Not sure my thoughts on submitting your own video evidence? Most other clubs haven't actively pursued these cases as far as I'm aware. It's generally been the media or sportscene that have set the agenda. Suppose it depends how bad it was?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29896451

He elbowed him in the jaw. It was clear as day from the BBC footage.

Dunno why anyone would blame Dundee Utd, although the OP's team is captained by Keith Lasley, the 2nd dirtiest b*stard in the league.

Jim Goodwin is a thug that our game would be far better off without.

He elbowed him in the jaw. It was clear as day from the BBC footage.

Dunno why anyone would blame Dundee Utd, although the OP's team is captained by Keith Lasley, the 2nd dirtiest b*stard in the league.

Jim Goodwin is a thug that our game would be far better off without.

I wasnt defending Goodwin, he's a thug.

I've since seen the BBC footage, and it's pretty clear from that. Not sure how it could look worse in Utds own footage?

My point(s) weren't particularly clear.

Point 1, Goodwins a thug.

Point 2, More of a question really, are Dundee utd Whiney wee bitches? As it appears they go squealing to the compliance officer more than anyone else I'm aware of, or should more clubs be drawing things to his attention? If we leave it to trial by sportscene, it's not very fair, so perhaps united do have the right idea?

Point 2, More of a question really, are Dundee utd Whiney wee bitches? As it appears they go squealing to the compliance officer more than anyone else I'm aware of, or should more clubs be drawing things to his attention? If we leave it to trial by sportscene, it's not very fair, so perhaps united do have the right idea?

If my team had one of its players elbowed in the jaw, i'd expect them to be highlighting it to the authorities.

You're right about Goodwin though, he's a scumbag.

If my team had one of its players elbowed in the jaw, i'd expect them to be highlighting it to the authorities.

You're right about Goodwin though, he's a scumbag.

He's not a scumbag or a thug.

He's nothing more than a brain dead m0r0n who is hurting his own club far more than any wee boy's cheekbone.

We could argue all day about how good/bad/effective a player he is, but what he is more than anything else, is a liability to his club and his team mates.

I'm pretty sure the St. Mirren support are coming round to this view in far bigger numbers.

Edited by Marky

Me too, but it doesn't appear to be the done thing, unless it's Dundee utd.

Perhaps it's to avoid tit for tat complaints, or just leaving the authorities to get on with it?

With a pretty blatant and apparently deliberate elbow to the face, it's probably fair enough, regardless of any weird etiquette within the game.

You're mis-reading the article. Goodwin was done for punching Stuart Armstrong after United released their own footage. There's nothing about United releasing footage of Goodwin elbowing Connolly.

The only person with "previous" here is Goodwin. Must be time for a long ban, surely?

You're mis-reading the article. Goodwin was done for punching Stuart Armstrong after United released their own footage. There's nothing about United releasing footage of Goodwin elbowing Connolly.

The only person with "previous" here is Goodwin. Must be time for a long ban, surely?

Ah, yeah, I've picked that up wrong.

We can ignore point 2 then.

:lol:

Even the st Mirren fan has (despite dating he's not a scumbag or a thug) condemned him.

There's must be about 10 cases over the last 3-4 years of Goodwin punching, elbowing etc.

Indefensible. He's now a coach at the club, so something has to be done. No respect for the team either, leaving us worse off during a mini injury crisis. A very nice guy off the pitch, but just when you think he's cut the stupid behaviour out his game, something like this happens.

The club have accepted the 3 game ban offered. Need to wait and see if they pursue any further action.

The thing is, this wasn't the only incident. Apparently before the game had even kicked off Goodwin stuck the elbow into Czerniaks stomach as he was running past after the coin toss. ref hadnt even blown his whistle and of course no footage though I would suspect it wasnt a bad one.

I dont think there is anything whiney about any club trying to get this thug banned from the game. enough is enough - tell me where this should be in any way part of football?

Indefensible. He's now a coach at the club, so something has to be done. No respect for the team either, leaving us worse off during a mini injury crisis. A very nice guy off the pitch, but just when you think he's cut the stupid behaviour out his game, something like this happens.

The club have accepted the 3 game ban offered. Need to wait and see if they pursue any further action.

If he was a player at my club i would be ashamed of him and want him out. what a complete c*ck.

Goodwin is an animal, and a cowardly one at that. he is always throwing sneaky wee elbows around and the sooner he is banned for a long time the better

aye well you notice his elbow was on connolly who is about 5ft tall, he wasnt so hard when butcher went right through him near the end.

I'm sure after United review the offside that wasn't given recently which resulted in a penalty, a man sent off and ultimately the loss of the game for Partick Thistle, they'll be happy to accept just a point from that match?