100% Pickup - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

100% Pickup

Harvesters fuming 😆

I mean its a fkn 30,000 seat stadium between probably 1500 people going max.

They normally go topick up when one or both of the following occur:

- Cheap tickets (say £10 of less in some countries) presumably to discourage harvesters from taking a hit for the few quid to gamble on getting points

- When we don't expect to sell out our allocation, particularly for friendlies

This game falls into the latter of the two above certainly

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2024 at 3:40 PM, LoganRoy said:

As per SFA comms, tickets will need to be picked up by the member and not the lead booker. 

Not according to the SLO ( Supporters Liason Officer) who I spoke to on Sunday night.

They don't know what they are doing yet and could be postal tickets.

Pretty sure republic of ireland had digital codes printed on bits of paper when they played there a while ago.

If there was a game the sfa should do 100% pick up its this one. Logistics can be done easily at the ground due to the expected low attendance. If they don't. It will show they aren't that actually that bothered and just put out a little warning each game to try appease fans.

1 hour ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Pretty sure republic of ireland had digital codes printed on bits of paper when they played there a while ago.

If there was a game the sfa should do 100% pick up its this one. Logistics can be done easily at the ground due to the expected low attendance. If they don't. It will show they aren't that actually that bothered and just put out a little warning each game to try appease fans.

They're not having a pick up at the ground though , that complicates it 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

They're not having a pick up at the ground though , that complicates it 

The stadium is surely the only logical collection point; what with the fans being spread out across Faro, Albufeira, Vilamoura, etc...

Furthermore, it won't take long to dish them out (what with the low attendance) and there's f*ck all to do around the stadium anyway. Just a swally in a queue.   

Edited by Rich NATA

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

The stadium is surely the only logical collection point; what with the fans being spread out across Faro, Albufeira, Vilamoura, etc...

Tokyo and Diyarbakir spring to mind, it’ll be whatever’s convenient for the SFA

I dare say they could literally put out a couple of picnic tables on the concourse outside the ground and that would be more than enough of a process to handle the demand for tickets on this one.

The only difference between that and booking out an area in a hotel would be for them to keep up appearances and try to look like some kind of professional operation. And an admin fee for the privilege  

This is all assuming the extremely unlikely scenario there isn't some kind of ticket office or portacabins outside the ground that can very easily be used, which would clearly be the most sensible situation given people will be spread throughout the local area outside of Faro.

I remember picking tickets up from a portacabin outside the ground for Kazakhstan away. Not sure if any others spring to mind where they did that.

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I dare say they could literally put out a couple of picnic tables on the concourse outside the ground and that would be more than enough of a process to handle the demand for tickets on this one.

The only difference between that and booking out an area in a hotel would be for them to keep up appearances and try to look like some kind of professional operation. And an admin fee for the privilege  

This is all assuming the extremely unlikely scenario there isn't some kind of ticket office or portacabins outside the ground that can very easily be used, which would clearly be the most sensible situation given people will be spread throughout the local area outside of Faro.

I remember picking tickets up from a portacabin outside the ground for Kazakhstan away. Not sure if any others spring to mind where they did that.

Braga, 

On 5/2/2024 at 8:56 AM, N4Footsoldier said:

Wembley 2017 and Shkoder 2018.

19 hours ago, thesaint said:

Anybody got an idea how many tickets we asked for? Taking everything into account with it being a friendly about ten days before lots of supporters will be spending a week or two in Germany I would be surprised if it was much more than about 750 or so. 

It would normally be based off the poll sent round to the SSC. Normally we get all our mates to say we are going even if some aren't just to try and get them to ask for as many as possible.

Absolutely no danger in this case anyone who goes won't be able to get a ticket. I think the general opinion is that it will be comfortably under 1000.