Netherlands V Scotland Match Thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands V Scotland Match Thread

slasher

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canny move from Clarke re; Shankland. If he doesn't do anything, the pressure to make him first choice will be off. If he does well, Clarke was right to give him his chance. Obviously I hope he does well but he's up against better defenders than he's ever been.

Playing very well here. Looking very comfortable on the ball. Not at all flustered in tight situations.

Patterson having a bit of a ‘mare though. He needs more game time at club level. 

Gilmour and McTominay have looked good as has the defence. Patterson hasn't developed at all as a player which is rather worrying. I think McGinn has also been poor. As for Shankland, the jury is out as he hasn't really had the service.

Disappointing to be a goal down, I thought we matched them pretty well, looked dangerous on the break, and played some really neat, passing football in that 15 minute spell when we were on top (the combination game? It'll never catch on).

Shankland looks a bit out of his depth, but as we don't really have any better options, hopefully he'll learn from this experience and take it into future performances.

Patterson has some absolutely sublime things, and also made the simple things look difficult at times.

Robertson's been the stand-out for me so far, but McTominay, Christie and McGinn all looking good too.

Overall, a lot to like about us; hope to see more of the same in the second half.

HT 1-0 Netherlands

Brilliant strike by Reijnders but we could have done better trying to close him down much quicker. Although it was an undeserved lead as we we looked like the team that was more on top.

Patterson clearly looks rusty out there which is evident due to his lack of game time at Everton. I’d like to see Christie & McTominay swap roles in midfield. Get McTominay further forward & have Christie playing that DM role he’s excelled at his club Bournemouth. Overall playing some decent stuff and defending well to restrict the Dutch from creating any clear cut chances. Just need to improve our final ball/shot in their final 3rd.

Overall disappointing to be losing as don’t deserve to be behind but pleased with some of the stuff that I have watched.

Shankland just misses that bit of pace and strength for top International matches 

If we could take Adams pace, Dykes strength, stamina, physical stature & shanklands finishing we'd have have a good striker 

1 minute ago, BryanBlessed said:

I'd like to see Ferguson coming on but Shankland staying on. Gunn could have done better with the goal.

Not sure, one in a hundred strike. Thought we have kept the ball really well.

Whole game is pretty competitive, lots of positives so far.

3 minutes ago, borojock said:

Shankland just misses that bit of pace and strength for top International matches 

If we could take Adams pace, Dykes strength, stamina, physical stature & shanklands finishing we'd have have a good striker 

I think Ross Stewart is the closest we have to that description 

Edited by Scot1