Aberdeen new manager... until the next one - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen new manager... until the next one

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said on the other thread. Next appointment is a big one.

Short term somebody like Lennon would be good. They wouldnt get relegated with him and would probably be into top 6 next year. (As they should). However I cant see Lennon doing anything special in the medium to longer term. He doesnt play a particuarly attractive style of football, isnt known to play lots of youth and a section of the support may already have negative feelings towards him which is rarely a good thing beyond the short term.

On the other hand, going for somebody outside of Scottish football is a bigger risk, especially in the short term.

21 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Short term somebody like Lennon would be good. They wouldnt get relegated with him and would probably be into top 6 next year. (As they should). However I cant see Lennon doing anything special in the medium to longer term. He doesnt play a particuarly attractive style of football, isnt known to play lots of youth and a section of the support may already have negative feelings towards him which is rarely a good thing beyond the short term.

On the other hand, going for somebody outside of Scottish football is a bigger risk, especially in the short term.

Appointing lennon would see some fans turn away from the club.

I also don't rate him

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

A very large section of the support have worse than negative feelings towards him, he’s an obnoxious divisive prick.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

A very large section of the support have worse than negative feelings towards him, he’s an obnoxious divisive prick.

I think that's a pretty universal opinion except for Celtic supporters. Aberdeen will have to make an announcement in the next few days otherwise they're going to look really stupid. Strange timing, this might have been the result that kick started their season.

37 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I think that's a pretty universal opinion except for Celtic supporters. Aberdeen will have to make an announcement in the next few days otherwise they're going to look really stupid. Strange timing, this might have been the result that kick started their season.

To kick start their season they have to play with the same desire, aggression & belief they showed today, they also need the same bit of luck they had with the deflection for the 3rd goal, one of the problems all season is the lack of attempts on goal & attempts on target, you don’t shoot you don’t score. They need to play on the front foot further up the pitch because we can’t defend.

11 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

To kick start their season they have to play with the same desire, aggression & belief they showed today, they also need the same bit of luck they had with the deflection for the 3rd goal, one of the problems all season is the lack of attempts on goal & attempts on target, you don’t shoot you don’t score. They need to play on the front foot further up the pitch because we can’t defend.

Even when you were 3-1 up with minutes to go I felt that there was every chance you could blow it. On the plus side I thought Hoilett played well but I'm guessing he must be gutted now that Warnock has gone.

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Even when you were 3-1 up with minutes to go I felt that there was every chance you could blow it. On the plus side I thought Hoilett played well but I'm guessing he must be gutted now that Warnock has gone.

You could see the fragility return after Killie scored, if we hadn’t got the 3rd goal when we did the nervousness would have gotten worse & probably cost us the game. COYR ( without Lennon 🙏🙏🙏)

9 minutes ago, dan cake said:

You don’t have to go for a pint with him 

What a stupid comment, you’re welcome to take him back to Edinburgh if you like him so much, maybe you & your teams ethics & standards are more compatible with Lennons, enjoy your pint with him.

54 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

What a stupid comment, you’re welcome to take him back to Edinburgh if you like him so much, maybe you & your teams ethics & standards are more compatible with Lennons, enjoy your pint with him.

Ethics and standards 😆, please be Lennon 🤞

16 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Slightly off topic but where would you rate him amongst the pantheon of Celtic managers?

To be honest, not at the top.. As far as passion, he would be close the top. I like Lennon, but not as a Manager... He is a Celtic Legend though.....

47 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Rumours kicking about that McInnes is going back to Pittodrie.

Came back yesterday & as per last couple of seasons wi us he bottled it at pittodrie 😜

18 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Came back yesterday & as per last couple of seasons wi us he bottled it at pittodrie 😜

Or he very cleverly made sure he has a semi final to plan for……,

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Rumours kicking about that McInnes is going back to Pittodrie.

I've seen the same rumours. I wouldnt be buzzing about that appointment but I wouldn't be dead against it.

However, I can't see mcinnes working with cormack.