POTY - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

For some reason I woke up this morning thinking about this seasons POTY awards.  Usually there is a standout candidate from one of the OF sides but other than perhaps Butland I don't really think there is.  O'Riley started well for Celtic but hasn't done much this side of the winter break.  Likewise Lundstram has been excellent since Christmas but was rotten before it.  Sima may have been a contender but for his injury.  Looking at other teams I'd guess Miovski and Shankland need to be in contention with the latter probably being out in front.  Anyone else from any other teams in with a shout?  Mayo at Killie maybe?

Shankland is the stand out. Very rarely does a non OF player score as many as he has.

Thinking through the other teams. Im not sure there is anybody from the OF who has stood out consistently. Maybe Butland but would be strange to give to a ln OF GK who are rarely tested.

Agree with McInnes for manager at this moment in time.

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Shankland wins the player and McInnes should win the manager

St Mirren are currently above Killie with a smaller budget, so why not Steven Robinson? 

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

St Mirren are currently above Killie with a smaller budget, so why not Steven Robinson? 

Steven Robinson isn't a media darling

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Shankland or Miovski. Miovski has gone off the boil in recent weeks so I'd vote for Shankland

Almost word for word what I was about to post. 

But it’ll be Kyogo or something ridiculous like that.