What's Your Best Spur Of The Moment Decision? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's Your Best Spur Of The Moment Decision?

One of mine has to have been tonight. Went to the Johnny Marr gig at the o2 academy in Glasgow. Didn't know he was playing until a mate said he was on his way down from Aberdeen. Met him in the shoe after work with the intention of having a beer and a catch up and ended up buying a ticket outside the venue. just in. Great night. Good to see Johnny (who the feck is Johnny) Marr still has it!!!

When I was a kid, I always used to cycle down Sinclair Street in Helensburgh and get up to 30-40mph before slamming on the brakes at the lights near the bottom. One day, on a whim, I went down Colquhon street instead. Now those of you who know Helensburgh, know that Sinclair Street is one uninterrupted long hill and has a lot of traffic, whereas Colquhon street is quieter and has give way signs at every junction.

Anyway, my brakes snapped at the first junction, but I was able to dig my heels into the verge and stop myself. Had it been Sinclair Street, I would still be eating my dinner through a straw.

Edited by Armchair Bob

When I was a kid, I always used to cycle down Sinclair Street in Helensburgh and get up to 30-40mph before slamming on the brakes at the lights near the bottom. One day, on a whim, I went down Colquhon street instead. Now those of you who know Helensburgh, know that Sinclair Street is one uninterrupted long hill and has a lot of traffic, whereas Colquhon street is quieter and has give way signs at every junction.

Anyway, my brakes snapped at the first junction, but I was able to dig my heels into the verge and stop myself. Had it been Sinclair Street, I would still be eating my dinner through a straw.

Well that's me never going to cycle down there ever again! You would have likely ended up in Greenock.

Years ago while working as a postman at Kings x station I was coming back from my tea break and I realised I left something in the portakabin, as I turned back one of the panes of glass that was on the roof of the station fell to the ground, near enough on the spot where I turned around, my pal who saw it happen called me a lucky b...ard the station then was closed until the roof was checked ,

Moving to a city i had never been to and had only vaguely heard of (Montpellier, France). Just booked flights and went 4 weeks later. Had a great 2 and a half years there and would love to go back to settle down

Vaguely heard of?

Standing in an outdoor shed of a chemical factory in Grimsby, December 2001 with a wind chill of -10. I thought, "badger it, I'm going to move to australia". Landed in Sydney 17th January 2002.

Can you adopt me, I may be getting sent to Aberdeen for work, sod that.