Opening Ceremony Act Who would you like to see and who do you hot want - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening Ceremony Act Who would you like to see and who do you hot want

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

How many Scots are interested in the opening ceremony acts ?

I'm not interested in the least, but was wondering if I ought to make the effort to be there in time for it. Just because.

Not feeling it though.

36 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

How many Scots are interested in the opening ceremony acts ?

FFS

Me if they were any good. 

Probably the only chance I will get to see the Bonnie in an opening ceremony. ( Only started going to away games in 2001 so missed france 98 as I was a poor student)

Each to their own though.

Plus if I make the opening ceremony it means I will be in on plenty of time for the national anthems.

I expect the stadium to be open early doors to accommodate the show

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

In that case, I might just stay in the pub.

Just had to you-tube Kim Petras. She's no Dua Lipa.

I think Kim had a hit singing a duet with Sam Smith last year, but she is German, and also the first Trans singing to win a Grammy or something like that

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

I'm not interested in the least, but was wondering if I ought to make the effort to be there in time for it. Just because.

Not feeling it though.

Yeah, if it was someone like the Rolling Stones, or some who has actually had hits, I probably would be actually wanting to take the opening ceremony in, but for the Euros they always seem to get these acts who had a hit maybe 10 years earlier, and just on the edges of being a nostalgia act, but just not quite there yet.

15 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I think Kim had a hit singing a duet with Sam Smith last year, but she is German, and also the first Trans singing to win a Grammy or something like that

Funny you mention Sam Smith.   In answer to the OP asking about who we would like and not like, I was going to suggest Sam Smith for the latter. When he first came on the scene, I think people mistook his put-on whining for emotion.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/kim-petras/article-12890385/Meduza-says-inspirational-working-alongside-Kim-Petras-OneRepublic-announced-UEFA-EURO-2024s-official-music-artists.html

Onerepublic only confirmed for the closing ceremony. Opening ceremony not confirmed yet. 

I’ll be there early only because it’s day one of a tournament and tickets are on an app so these things can go wrong. Be plenty beer inside (just hope they give the contract to a decent German beer and not Budweiser or Heineken again)

29 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/kim-petras/article-12890385/Meduza-says-inspirational-working-alongside-Kim-Petras-OneRepublic-announced-UEFA-EURO-2024s-official-music-artists.html

Onerepublic only confirmed for the closing ceremony. Opening ceremony not confirmed yet. 

I’ll be there early only because it’s day one of a tournament and tickets are on an app so these things can go wrong. Be plenty beer inside (just hope they give the contract to a decent German beer and not Budweiser or Heineken again)

Bitburger is the tournament beer, apparently. 

10 minutes ago, dardo said:

Bitburger is the tournament beer, apparently. 

You’re quite right. That’s good news. 

Bitburger has become an official national partner of UEFA EURO 2024 making the German brewer the official beer of UEFA EURO 2024. 

As the official beer of the tournament, Bitburger products will be made available exclusively in all stadiums as well as in the official fan zones and events in the host cities. Fans will be able to enjoy a wide variety of beverages including non-alcoholic beers.

33 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

They must be good to justify €600 a ticket.

You are paying for the privilege of allowing thousands of UEFA hangers on to get in for free and the amount they lose giving up large parts of the ground to the media for free

Cack

22 hours ago, wanderer said:

Anyone who duets with that clown is a prick in my view. Defo staying in the pub.