codes from Uefa received? - Page 15 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

codes from Uefa received?

TA-West Germany

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Hopefully they’re guessing. They shouldn’t have been told feck all in advance of us being notified.  (Just another minor moan) 

6 minutes ago, mariokempes said:

I think they'll struggle to do this tomorrow.  Uefa,  who are probably a bit busy, have to invalidate all these code, then generate 2 new sets ( at least). Then the SSC need to redo the whole database extraction process. 

And then test the fukking thing...

Fingers crossed, I've got my work Xmas lunch at 12!! 

34 minutes ago, quaixy said:

not when that effort is only made possible by existing preferential treatment.

Scenario... Your club side gets to cup final... You dont think season ticket holds should get "Preferential treatment"   (?)

35 minutes ago, quaixy said:

I too have been to away matches, with tickets for the wrong end, when I failed to have enough points, to even enter a ballot.

A number of matches in the last year or two have gone to low or zero points.

Go to the right matches and you'll soon have the points for all matches.

37 minutes ago, quaixy said:

Not everyone can afford to take time off work midweek for away matches.

By law, YOU have a holiday entitlement. Use it on Scotland matches.

P.S. I live 450 miles away from Hampden. Nevermind away matches, I need to use my holiday for midweek HOME matches.

43 minutes ago, quaixy said:

For those well heeled enough to do so

People make sacrifices to follow Scotland all over.

Personally, I don't own my own home. I don't have a car. I don't buy the shiney gadgets. I don't have a wife and children.

Never understood this closed shop arguement, as been mentioned there have been games that have went to 0 points. 

This whole, "I cant afford it" or "I dont have the holidays" well unfortunately there are people that can and spend thousands going to away games so they deserve the tickets first.

6 minutes ago, Ptfa83 said:

Never understood this closed shop arguement, as been mentioned there have been games that have went to 0 points. 

This whole, "I cant afford it" or "I dont have the holidays" well unfortunately there are people that can and spend thousands going to away games so they deserve the tickets first.

they are getting a ticket first, most of the debate is about should they be able to get the cheap tickets first which is a different matter

44 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My thoughts exactly. I genuinely would have had no problem if staged sales had been set from the outset but I would be bloody angry after today’s fiasco if they changed the process too. 
Unfortunately I feel they may be considering this. 

Why would they consider this? It wasn’t what caused the problem in the first place. They (and UEFA) will also be wanting to conclude the sale as quickly as possible rather than dragging it out any longer than necessary. 

8 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Tomorrow

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/scotland-euro-2024-tickets-go-31611947

Red faced Hampden bosses hope to relaunch the big sale of gold dust Euro 2024 tickets to the Tartan Army at 12 o’clock on Thursday after botching today’s planned release.....

Sounds like a guess to me. I’ll wait for the email/announcement from the SFA. 

edit  - the email came through just as I posted this. 

Edited by Texas Pete

9 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Tomorrow

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/scotland-euro-2024-tickets-go-31611947

Red faced Hampden bosses hope to relaunch the big sale of gold dust Euro 2024 tickets to the Tartan Army at 12 o’clock on Thursday after botching today’s planned release.....

Just confirmed by the SSC email. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Why would they consider this? It wasn’t what caused the problem in the first place. They (and UEFA) will also be wanting to conclude the sale as quickly as possible rather than dragging it out any longer than necessary. 

This was suggested to them in the aftermath of today’s shambles. Glad to see it never went anywhere..

Gutted.I’ve got today off work. Will struggle to buy on other days. What an absolute joke. Can’t believe this.it’s just a fiasco. Thinking back fondly to the days of Marjorie Nimmo when you felt there was a personal human touch in what was then the STC.Not even any kind of update as to whether they are going to attempt to reschedule for this week or if it is likely to be next week. Always pretty patient, we all mistakes but many people asked why the codes were being sent out so close to the ticket sales in case of potential difficulties. Any cursory reading of the email would have pinpointed errors in match day details.Indicates a complete lack of care in both senses. When other people have changed arrangements and are depending on your actions you’d think the SSC would go above and beyond to ensure everything was set up properly. Been a member for close to 30 years and at the moment have had enough. 

1 hour ago, fergiektid said:

Typed this out then saw your post... I agree with you re: average price, but issue with Munich is that the average price is still a scandal, so you wouldn't get the buy in from the members with higher points!

12 pointer here.  Selfishly hoping that the SSC don't use this as a chance to restructure the sale in any way, but I don't think I could complain if they did.  If I was on 20+ points I'd be pissed of if 12 pointers were grabbing cheap tickets at my expense.

The money grab by UEFA is fucking angersome though.  I get that the opening fixture should maybe be more expensive for neutrals and the prawn sandwich brigade, but I think they could have offset the crazy expensive seats by offering more cheap category seats to the two unlucky associations.

It would have been nice if UEFA had allowed the assosciations more control of how the pricing is applied. Maybe then they could have agreed an approach that didn't involve huge massive disparity between the prices different SSC members will pay. 

For example (cig packet calculation).  Before we were drawn in the opening fixture, - They could have offered a package to Games 1, 2 and 3 everyone on 12+ points for around 70 euro per match.  UEFA would not have lost a penny and everyone pays a similar (fair?) amount.  Different points thesholds / prices could apply, but you get the gist.  Granted, some people will have a better/worse view of the pitch than others who have paid the same, but it makes the whole process of seating with friends easier (because you lose the "category" from the ticket sale) and prevents unlucky ones from being extorted.

They could still do that for Games 2 and 3.  Have 12pts or more?  70ish euro and you are in.  Simple. No sweating or panicking.

I think the issue here is that UEFA are selling the tickets, and the SSC are the "middle man" to a certain extent. How much control the SSC have over the process is hard to say, but my guess is minimal. UEFA dictate the prices and the terms in which each association can sell those tickets. UEFA are selling the tickets through their site, not the SSC so will be fully managing the process and will want their money direct from fans, not via the SSC collecting it and sending it on. The quicker the cash hits their accounts the better.

There has been a balls up today for sure, but all UEFA will have done is void the access codes that were assigned to the SSC and generate new ones with a valid start date of 12 tomorrow. The SSC essentially have to do what UEFA tell them.

7 minutes ago, Alba78 said:

Gutted.I’ve got today off work. Will struggle to buy on other days. What an absolute joke. Can’t believe this.it’s just a fiasco. Thinking back fondly to the days of Marjorie Nimmo when you felt there was a personal human touch in what was then the STC.Not even any kind of update as to whether they are going to attempt to reschedule for this week or if it is likely to be next week. Always pretty patient, we all mistakes but many people asked why the codes were being sent out so close to the ticket sales in case of potential difficulties. Any cursory reading of the email would have pinpointed errors in match day details.Indicates a complete lack of care in both senses. When other people have changed arrangements and are depending on your actions you’d think the SSC would go above and beyond to ensure everything was set up properly. Been a member for close to 30 years and at the moment have had enough. 

You have 24 hours of 12+ points only to buy them. As mentioned it might be more expensive ones left but there are enough for all 12 pointers so you have a full day to purchase

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

This was suggested to them in the aftermath of today’s shambles. Glad to see it never went anywhere..

Aye most of the 32-24 pointers are absolutely desperate for it. It wouldn’t have helped people on 12-16 points (or whatever the tiers should have been) though because they would likely still have sent out the 11 pointers codes early. 

2 hours ago, Exiled ICT said:

I just created a new one, no bother.

Not sure the email addresses have to match now, I may have been mistaken about that one.

I emailed the SFA and this was there response.

No, the email addresses do not need to match. You can have different email addresses however, it is too late to change the email address that your access code will be sent to.

So, looks all good to have different email addresses for SFA and UEFA.

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hope no longer than a day. Why should I be at risk of missing out on a ticket by their mistake if they put them on sale on a day when I am at work?

Some people will already be at risk of that but yeah I’m glad the sale is tomorrow.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly this time.🤞