Travel to Munich - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travel to Munich

Paul D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally was going GLA > CDG > MUN on the 13th June, but I stupidly tried to book through Kiwi.com (Skyscanner) and the price went from £450 for the two of us to £950 before my booking was confirmed so got a full refund.

So after much fretting we are now going GLA > DUB 12th June Ryanair then DUB > MUN on the 13th Aer Lingus, cost approx £600 for the two of us, though we are taking 20kg baggage each included with that. 

Flight prices are crazy but these things don't come around often so live and let live.

If I'm looking for a silver lining we get into Munich at a much better time than original flights, approx 1045 vs 1730, downside is I'll be dossing in Dublin Airport overnight for a few hours.

You made any arrangements?

1 hour ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

I originally was going GLA > CDG > MUN on the 13th June, but I stupidly tried to book through Kiwi.com (Skyscanner) and the price went from £450 for the two of us to £950 before my booking was confirmed so got a full refund.

So after much fretting we are now going GLA > DUB 12th June Ryanair then DUB > MUN on the 13th Aer Lingus, cost approx £600 for the two of us, though we are taking 20kg baggage each included with that. 

Flight prices are crazy but these things don't come around often so live and let live.

If I'm looking for a silver lining we get into Munich at a much better time than original flights, approx 1045 vs 1730, downside is I'll be dossing in Dublin Airport overnight for a few hours.

You made any arrangements?

I haven't yet. I stay in Southampton these days so I was looking at flights from London, Bristol,etc. £350 is pretty good price but I might do the train. I'm got a bed sorted in the hostel £49. 😂 Cannot wait 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍻

10 hours ago, Paul D said:

I haven't yet. I stay in Southampton these days so I was looking at flights from London, Bristol,etc. £350 is pretty good price but I might do the train. I'm got a bed sorted in the hostel £49. 😂 Cannot wait 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍻

Paul D i'm in Andover and flying into Basel on the easyjet 08:20 flight on the 14th then train to Munich around 4/5hrs.

Flying EasyJet from Gatwick on the Thursday back on the Saturday. 

Got them for £109 return the moment I found out we were A2.

Went from £109 to £715 in a matter of hours. Now sitting at £598. It went up to £715 on Saturday night. The algorithm must have been gouging initially.

Weird that it’s come down. Still £109 to £600 is some jump! 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

32 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Yesterday morning I got four flights from Manchester to Berlin on the 12th for £45 each.  I’m sure there’s a catch, that can’t be right?

No catch, just Berlin isn't that close to munich and the 12th is 2 days before the opening game so less people will be flying out then

Booked 3 flights yesterday from Manchester to Munich on Austrian airlines via vienna £250 each. Arr 6pm 13th and back home 730am on 15th so only needed to book hotel for night of 13th.

Just need to see if we get tickets in the uefa draw bit regardless it's my son's 18th birthday so if all else fails we will watch match at Olympic park fanzone.

Grateful for any tips on getting tickets any other way, would need 3.... or is that a pig that just flew by!

Edited by MrsPeartree
Add text

We are based near Dortmund, so fine for Cologne (only going first 2 games). Flying to Eindhoven on the 13th via Stansted for 135 each. Obviously feel like we need to be in Munich for the opener to just get a long train down on the 14th early. Then stay on the outskirts of Munich that night before heading up on the 15th. 

Dunno if anyone knows if Augsburg is a good place to stay after Munich? Seems to be on the trainline back towards Cologne and it is cheap

8 minutes ago, trout101 said:

We are based near Dortmund, so fine for Cologne (only going first 2 games). Flying to Eindhoven on the 13th via Stansted for 135 each. Obviously feel like we need to be in Munich for the opener to just get a long train down on the 14th early. Then stay on the outskirts of Munich that night before heading up on the 15th. 

Dunno if anyone knows if Augsburg is a good place to stay after Munich? Seems to be on the trainline back towards Cologne and it is cheap

Augsburg is fine, loads book there for Munich when hotel prices are ridiculous like for example around Oktoberfest. Easy enough to get public transport back there too even late at night.

Fly to Dusseldorf from Edinburgh Thurs 13th, via London City, arrive 12.30pm.

From airport get train into Dusseldorf & then train to Munich, hopefully arrive by about 6pm.

Had previously booked hotel in Cologne for 3 nights, Thurs, Fri, Sat, now cancelled & booked Munich for 4 nights, before travelling back up to Cologne.

Edited by Silversand