Nations League 2024-2025 - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nations League 2024-2025

Rich NATA

1 minute ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Anyone else finding it strange the lack of Ryanair flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh to Poland in November?

Usually there's an absolute slew of Poland flights from both airports to quite a few major Polish cities. Wonder if the sales schedule hasn't quite started yet for those dates.

Currently the only flights showing are mostly the higher end airlines like KLM or BA for over £100 one way. Last time we went to Poland for the Ukraine game there were several options more in the region of £30-40

Ryanair usually  announce the flights 6 months in advance 

Not before

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/18/2024 at 9:29 AM, wanderer said:

Unlikely Krakow, as Chorow seems their stadium of choice outside of Warsaw in recent years, with Wroclaw and Gdansk probably the main other contenders (I would like Wroclaw as its a great place.... Krakow minus the tourists) 

Yeh Wroclaw is fantastic, best atmosphere of the bigger Polish cities though I have to say Gdansk when they weather's nice is also special🩷

On 2/13/2024 at 1:22 PM, wanderer said:

Poland booked. 

Easyjet out to Berlin on the Saturday morning, then train to Poznan (a Ukrainian band I like are playing Poznan that night as part of a tour, so great little add on to the trip) and then on to the venue the next day, before down to Krakow for Easyjet flight home on the Thursday.

I like folk with diverse & alternative tastes in music 👌😊 Your going to see these right? 

9 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Anyone else finding it strange the lack of Ryanair flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh to Poland in November?

Usually there's an absolute slew of Poland flights from both airports to quite a few major Polish cities. Wonder if the sales schedule hasn't quite started yet for those dates.

Currently the only flights showing are mostly the higher end airlines like KLM or BA for over £100 one way. Last time we went to Poland for the Ukraine game there were several options more in the region of £30-40

It’s only just turned April. They’re in the process of releasing their winter schedule. Give it another few weeks.

17 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I like folk with diverse & alternative tastes in music 👌😊 Your going to see these right? 

Yeah, its their 20th Anniversary tour, and seen then a couple of times in Ukraine, and saw them recently in Glasgow as part of Celtic Connections.

With it being November, great chance to wear my fur hat that they wear 

20 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Easyjet have some flight up, but Wizz have pulled out of Scotland in a big way of late, so that is one airline down, and Ryanair will not release their winter schedule until probably the middle-end of this month.

19 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Yeh Wroclaw is fantastic, best atmosphere of the bigger Polish cities though I have to say Gdansk when they weather's nice is also special🩷

Did Gdansk last June on route to Oslo, and loved it, and as you said, the weather made it so much better..... game in November on the Baltic Coast on the other hand....... 

7 hours ago, wanderer said:

Easyjet have some flight up, but Wizz have pulled out of Scotland in a big way of late, so that is one airline down, and Ryanair will not release their winter schedule until probably the middle-end of this month.

Wizz are the worst airline out the lot of them.

They'll cancel flights at the last minute or keep changing the flight times every 5 minutes so blessing in disguise there.

4 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Wizz are the worst airline out the lot of them.

They'll cancel flights at the last minute or keep changing the flight times every 5 minutes so blessing in disguise there.

I have never had any real issues with Wizz at any point..... at worst maybe a flight moved 3-4 hours, but compared to other people and stories heard from them, I have always got lucky with them.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:57 PM, wanderer said:

I have never had any real issues with Wizz at any point..... at worst maybe a flight moved 3-4 hours, but compared to other people and stories heard from them, I have always got lucky with them.

I've genuinely never had an issue with Wizz Air either, every flight I've taken with them I've enjoyed, and they are handy for the more niche venues

• 3 weeks later...

Polish FA announced today that they will play their pre-Euro friendlies against Turkey and Ukraine in Warsaw.

Nothing on Nations League yet, but given they played all 3 of their 2020 games on the road and 2 of their 3 games in 2022 in Warsaw (with what was considered the "weakest" nation (Wales) played in Wroclaw) still anyone's guess where.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 9:08 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

It’s only just turned April. They’re in the process of releasing their winter schedule. Give it another few weeks.

That’s Ryanair released today, what looks like their main winter Polish schedules. Some not bad prices about at the moment!! 😉

Edited by macwomble