Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 9 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Points table updated, after Georgia / Norway games. 

Assuming exactly 16% is allocated SSC members, 13 points should guarantee tickets to three group stage games..... 

image.png.8e8219bacb7ef823050388cb669bbe40.png

I have seen this assumed 16% on various platforms. However, I have just read the German equivalent of the SSC and they are saying "The associations will have 10,000 tickets per match available in the group stage, with prices starting at 30 euros per ticket." - Advance ticket sales for European Championship tickets in the fan block starts on 4 December :: DFB - Deutscher Fußball-Bund e.V.

Only time will tell...

Edited by Wee Man

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, radian_13 said:

Where does this 16% come from?  Has that been written anywhere?  Or are you using what was used for Euro 2020.

One of the sources is that UEFA have said that 960,000 tickets out of a total of 2.7 million are going on sale in December to the Qualified teams. That's 35.6% of the total tickets. That should come out to about 17.8% for each team for each match. We are kinda guessing that will mean about 16% to the SSC for distribution. Might be a wee bit more, might be a wee bit less?

The 16% figure was in a table documenting the ticket split for Euro2016 and Euro2020. 

The noises coming out of the French and German FA’s are talking about a flat figure number of tickets - and given there is no documented/published table of a % split for Euro2024, this would not be surprising if we soon find out that it’s no longer 16%. 

20 hours ago, HelloJock said:

Was hoping to get my son to a game but as he's on 11 points this doesn't look likely

I'm on 20 so will be sorted for all 3 group games, hopefully someone else is in a similar position and is up for a swap and I'd happily give one of the games up

I'm in a similar position to you mate. I'll have enough points but my son is on 11 points. Doesn't look likely 11 will be enough. I didn't take my tickets for the last Euros as I didn't want to go without him and now it seems it'll be the same again 😪

35 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

I'm in a similar position to you mate. I'll have enough points but my son is on 11 points. Doesn't look likely 11 will be enough. I didn't take my tickets for the last Euros as I didn't want to go without him and now it seems it'll be the same again 😪

Could you not take your own tickets, and I could give you one of my games for your son in exchange for you doing the same with me for another one, rather than you not go at all?

If I remember correctly from the last Euros, if you get tickets from the SSC Points System issuing  you with a code to enter the UEFA sale. These tickets cannot be  transferred to another on the UEFA App. These ones are for the ticket buyer only.

So someone with enough points couldn’t but tickets for three matches with the intention of attending two matches and transferring a ticket for the third game to a mate.

1 hour ago, mariokempes said:

A question for the experts.  Been out of circulation for a while after 15 years home qns and away,  anyhoo time to get up to speed pls. 

I'm on 12 points so what's the script ? Been told a ballot tomorrow? Right or wrong? 

What. When. How ? Etc

Being on 12 you shouldn’t need to enter a ballot, you should be guaranteed a ticket for all 3 group games……. Based on allocations France, Germany and Slovenia have come out with.  

3 hours ago, mariokempes said:

A question for the experts.  Been out of circulation for a while after 15 years home qns and away,  anyhoo time to get up to speed pls. 

I'm on 12 points so what's the script ? Been told a ballot tomorrow? Right or wrong? 

What. When. How ? Etc

The draw is on 2nd December and ticket sales start on 6th December. 

On 11/23/2023 at 5:31 PM, AlfieMoon said:

The 16% figure was in a table documenting the ticket split for Euro2016 and Euro2020. 

The noises coming out of the French and German FA’s are talking about a flat figure number of tickets - and given there is no documented/published table of a % split for Euro2024, this would not be surprising if we soon find out that it’s no longer 16%. 

16% across the entire tournament doesn’t have to mean 16% for every game. A fixed number per match, regardless of stadium size, could add up to 16% of the total. 

On 11/25/2023 at 7:14 PM, Stockholm 1980 said:

If I remember correctly from the last Euros, if you get tickets from the SSC Points System issuing  you with a code to enter the UEFA sale. These tickets cannot be  transferred to another on the UEFA App. These ones are for the ticket buyer only.

So someone with enough points couldn’t but tickets for three matches with the intention of attending two matches and transferring a ticket for the third game to a mate.

Yeah that sounds correct but would there not be a way you could log into the app on another device?

12 hours ago, HelloJock said:

Yeah that sounds correct but would there not be a way you could log into the app on another device?

Nah, you could only log into the app you downloaded the tickets onto. 

I saw one guy at Wembley who had his mates phone. His mates wife had taken unwell day or two before the game and was in hospital. 

14 minutes ago, immcinto said:

Is the phone's IMEI code locked to the account? What happens if you buy a new phone after buying the tickets?

I've no experience in this, but I guess you have to download all the tickets at the same time? ie, if you had the three group games, you need to download them all on the same device. I assume the actual tickets are only issued nearer the time.

for the last euros i bought tickets from a reseller and they sent to my phone, I then transfered one of them to my sons phone. Im assuming it will be the same this time. its just a bar code at the gate at the end of the day. no proof of ID was required

Edited by fazlikeus

4 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

The answers are all in this thread - people have said them many times. 

UEFA ballot CAN be transferred 

SSC tickets ONCE downloaded from the link cannot be transferred.

The option is greyed out once on the phone. 

Is there an option on the UEFA website to buy and sell tickets if ,for example, some local German fan has a ticket for Scotland v Luxembourg and wants rid of it?

8 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

Is there an option on the UEFA website to buy and sell tickets if ,for example, some local German fan has a ticket for Scotland v Luxembourg and wants rid of it?

If there was I didn’t see it last time. 

I just got an email every so often saying a ticket had came up for x game - do I want it. Log in now and get it. 

To get that ticket I had to have applied through the ballot and been unsuccessful for any other match. 

1 hour ago, fazlikeus said:

for the last euros i bought tickets from a reseller and they sent to my phone, I then transfered one of them to my sons phone. Im assuming it will be the same this time. its just a bar code at the gate at the end of the day. no proof of ID was required

where did you find a reseller and how did you ensure you didn't get scammed?