Ticket allocation for scotland supporters - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocation for scotland supporters

hampden_loon2878

2 hours ago, Jamala said:

No it couldn’t. What I said is that there might be other ways of demonstrating outstanding loyalty other than just attending away games which to many loyal supporters is simply unaffordable or not doable due to other reasonable commitments. It might not be hard for you guys to get 14 points, and tbh me neither, but for many attending an away game is at the moment an unattainable dream. For example guys who pay for membership for a family of four and take them to every home game for the last 10 years or so, often forfeiting the opportunity to attend away games as a result, I personally think are worth recognizing as much as guys who are fortunate and, to be fair, passionate enough to go to several away games. Quite how this is done I’m not sure but would think the technology is available. Anyway that’s just my opinion and if you disagree with that fair enough and that’s why there are discussion forums. See you in Seville… if I get a ticket 😉.

There are other ways. There are points available for attending home matches which is a relatively new thing. You also get points for renewing your membership. What else do you want the SSC to do? Give out points out for watching games on the telly? 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

There are other ways. There are points available for attending home matches which is a relatively new thing. You also get points for renewing your membership. What else do you want the SSC to do? Give out points out for watching games on the telly? 

No. I don’t think fans should be given points for watching the game on the telly. I’m also well aware of how points are allocated. I’m trying to engage in a reasonable debate using some examples of loyalty.  I’ve already said as politely as I can as have others some suggestions for awarding points eg rewarding long term loyalty. 

4 minutes ago, Jamala said:

No. I don’t think fans should be given points for watching the game on the telly. I’m also well aware of how points are allocated. I’m trying to engage in a reasonable debate using some examples of loyalty.  I’ve already said as politely as I can as have others some suggestions for awarding points eg rewarding long term loyalty. 

This is already done. 

Official FAs allocations aside I would imagine Scotland supporters will be acquiring at least half the tickets for our group games . 
if Germany is still functional next summer I think we’ll be there with tens of thousands. The German has quite a reputation for running things efficiently. 

On 9/12/2023 at 2:55 PM, trout101 said:

I'm only on 10 points so don't imagine I'll get much of a look in at tickets. Although there are 3 games and surely not everyone is making all 3? If you work as a teacher for example you're making 1 max if you're lucky. 

I used to complain as I am a woman and enjoy travelling to support Scotland as much as my husband does but when my children were young it really wasn’t that easy either logistically re childcare, or finances, for us to be able to go away together. We went to every home game regardless of how shite we were playing but it seemed impossible to pick up points as there was no loyalty for home attendance at that time. 

Unfortunately there are so many different personal restrictions for folk , people in the highlands having to travel far even for home  games. It’s probably impossible for them to find a solution that works for everyone.
Well  , everyone apart for single rich folk with no kids 😁

Threads like this are to be expected - you can't fault folk who either won't be eligible for tickets, or are worried they might not get them, wishing there was an approach that gives them a better chance of a brief for a major tournament. I imagine a lot of us who will get tickets for the group stage games would be of a similar mindset if we were in the same boat.

For what it's worth, I'll be on 20+ points by the end of the year, having spent a load of time, effort & money over the last 20 years following Scotland home & away. In terms of the last 10 home/away games, that includes zero point games that anyone could have got a ticket for like the meaningless friendly in Austria, as well as going to the likes of Moldova with no official away ticket & therefore no points. I've done all that understanding how the loyalty points system works, and I'll be at all three group stage games in Germany (should we qualify) as a result - and rightfully so.

The only real important point in this discussion is this - the SSC system is set in stone, it's fair, and it won't be changed for the Euros. If you want to be annoyed at something that might hinder your ability to get a ticket, be annoyed at the relatively small number of tickets they give to the qualified teams for each game, not the system that dispenses those tickets in a fair manner.

Edited by Easy_1967

1 hour ago, Easy_1967 said:

Threads like this are to be expected - you can't fault folk who either won't be eligible for tickets, or are worried they might not get them, wishing there was an approach that gives them a better chance of a brief for a major tournament. I imagine a lot of us who will get tickets for the group stage games would be of a similar mindset if we were in the same boat.

For what it's worth, I'll be on 20+ points by the end of the year, having spent a load of time, effort & money over the last 20 years following Scotland home & away. In terms of the last 10 home/away games, that includes zero point games that anyone could have got a ticket for like the meaningless friendly in Austria, as well as going to the likes of Moldova with no official away ticket & therefore no points. I've done all that understanding how the loyalty points system works, and I'll be at all three group stage games in Germany (should we qualify) as a result - and rightfully so.

The only real important point in this discussion is this - the SSC system is set in stone, it's fair, and it won't be changed for the Euros. If you want to be annoyed at something that might hinder your ability to get a ticket, be annoyed at the relatively small number of tickets they give to the qualified teams for each game, not the system that dispenses those tickets in a fair manner.

why do some friendlies count but others don't? The poland home one counted. Will the france away game count for points?

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

How is that already done? 

You get a point for being a member for 3 consecutive campaigns. Not exactly a huge reward but it is something and can make the difference between getting tickets for the euros or not. 

Some people seem to want to change the rules to suit people who go to fewer games than others now we have been to one tournament and are on the brink of getting to another.

2 hours ago, Easy_1967 said:

Greats post 👍

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You get a point for being a member for 3 consecutive campaigns. Not exactly a huge reward but it is something and can make the difference between getting tickets for the euros or not. 

Some people seem to want to change the rules to suit people who go to fewer games than others now we have been to one tournament and are on the brink of getting to another.

That rings a bell, now that you mention it. I'd forgotten about that. 👍

2 hours ago, Easy_1967 said:

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, trout101 said:

Just the post I replied to referenced a zero points game away to Austria in a friendly? Unless I have misunderstood what they mean

Yeah, apologies if I wasn't clear but - as HopelessUnbeliever says - I mean the Austria friendly was the kind of game that any SSC member with any level of points, even zero, could have went and got a Scotland end ticket for (and, therefore, 2 points).

3 hours ago, Easy_1967 said:

I think a fair point was made by someone regarding the cost of getting to games if you wait until you know you are getting a ticket.

If you only find two weeks before the match it's a small fortune compared to actually knowning you are going a year in advance.

I suppose you could start booking stuff in advance you could cancel but that's a fair bit of planning.

100% agree regarding ticket allocations for competing teams, that takes away an awful lot from the game.

Don't read many of the clubs emails but do we actually get told when there are 0 point tickets available?

Before anyone gets on their high horse there's 0% chance of me going to Germany.

3 hours ago, Easy_1967 said:

This is a great post. 

I missed out on tickets for Euro2020 after going for 15+ years, but fell away from games at the wrong time. Can’t argue that I should’ve got tickets ahead of anyone else that had the points at the time. 

Couple of things to note: 

- Everyone can apply for the ballot. If you don’t have enough points and whatever complaints you have about the points system, there is an equitable route through the ballot. 

- Ticket resale / agencies.  There’s always the option to pay through the nose.  I had to do that for Wembley, but weighing things up - it will probably be much less expense than what the guys above you on the points ladder have spent on trips.

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Don't read many of the clubs emails but do we actually get told when there are 0 point tickets available?

I'm not sure what you mean by that bit? Every home game is a zero point game and as soon as you go to one you won't be on zero points any more. 

Edited by Orraloon

33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that bit? Every home game is a zero point game and as soon as you go to one you won't be on zero points any more. 

And if he means away games, there’s a timed schedule published for purchasing tickets by points level, prior to the sales and window commencing. 

The onus is then on the individual to check/buy, albeit the SFA do tend to communicate on social media or email to confirm when/if tickets have sold out. 

29 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

People are mentioning the away games were 0 points are needed, Do we get an email saying this?

Iv'e only ever seen ones with double figure points required.

For our younger readers, I mentioned pre planning, my 25 year old son and his mates have booked refundable hostels just about everywere in Germany. Even if you don't get tickets you should go just incase, as my mate said to me in 98 "it might be the last one we get to that we are young enough to enjoy"

Might actually do that for the final, think my back could handle it for a night or two.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

People are mentioning the away games were 0 points are needed, Do we get an email saying this?

Iv'e only ever seen ones with double figure points required.

For our younger readers, I mentioned pre planning, my 25 year old son and his mates have booked refundable hostels just about everywere in Germany. Even if you don't get tickets you should go just incase, as my mate said to me in 98 "it might be the last one we get to that we are young enough to enjoy"

Might actually do that for the final, think my back could handle it for a night or two.

Quite a few of the recent away game have been available to anyone in the SSC who wanted a ticket. Even folk on zero points, but in reality almost nobody is actually on zero points as they will have points for home games. They let us know by email, but the sneaky fukers often hide it at the bottom another email full of a pile of shyte that most folk aren't interested in. But if you read your emails you will know when you are eligible for a ticket,

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Quite a few of the recent away game have been available to anyone in the SSC who wanted a ticket. Even folk on zero points, but in reality almost nobody is actually on zero points as they will have points for home games. They let us know by email, but the sneaky fukers often hide it at the bottom another email full of a pile of shyte that most folk aren't interested in. But if you read your emails you will know when you are eligible for a ticket,

Good chance I could go to France then and eat some rabbit kidneys for old times sake.