Tickets - Page 5 - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

adamntg

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Ticket allocation should’ve been agreed when the game was arranged not less than 4 weeks before the game, would the game huv been played in Lille if it was a competitive game when the away team gets a guaranteed percentage of the capacity. 

Its a friendly, it's there for the team. 

Nots sure we're in position to pick and choose who we play based on how many tickets we get. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

It always amazes me to see the extent to which people think they know the ticket allocation procedure.

On playing France and whether or not it was the right option, when you looked at the list of teams without an opponent for this particular window, France was really the one and only sensible option. Clearly they picked Lille as the most fit for purpose venue as they won't have any of that rugby shite going on there at the time.

Surely ticket allocation would have been part of the conversation when the game was being agreed too.

2 hours ago, snoopyhill said:

SSC put this on twitter last night

SmartSelect_20230927_073554_X.jpg

The issue for me is not the size of allocation (although that is annoying), it is the fact this has come out 3 weeks before the game. It will be Saturday until I know if I have a ticket and then will have to try and make travel arrangements. As a few have said, surely this could have been sorted shortly after the game was announced so we had a better idea.

2 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

The issue for me is not the size of allocation (although that is annoying), it is the fact this has come out 3 weeks before the game. It will be Saturday until I know if I have a ticket and then will have to try and make travel arrangements. As a few have said, surely this could have been sorted shortly after the game was announced so we had a better idea.

I’m on 13 points and booked flights/accommodation months ago hoping I’d have enough points for a midweek friendly with rumoured tickets priced at €70, hopefully I’ll get a ticket on Saturday morning 🤞🤞🤞

30 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Surely ticket allocation would have been part of the conversation when the game was being agreed too.

I mean it's something they will likely have to quantify hence the poll they send around, which can't be done before the fixture is announced.

From the sounds of it there are specific rules governing away allocations where not mandated by competition rules (e.g 5% guaranteed).

In any case, with the late announcement of allocation and 100% pick up. I can see this one going quite a way down the points ladder still.

23 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Hope it goes much lower to give low pointers a chance of a ticket & points boost 👍

I think it will, as i said a few pages back, i go to aways in a fairly large group. Some are on 30pts, most mid 20s Only a couple are doing France. I made plans before the France game was announced for after Spain, quite a few of my mates did likeswise and are going to Majorca with family etc straight from Seville. Others are just giving it a miss as next summer will be costly and they are saving the cash. 

I think most who go will get tickets. 

35 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think it will, as i said a few pages back, i go to aways in a fairly large group. Some are on 30pts, most mid 20s Only a couple are doing France. I made plans before the France game was announced for after Spain, quite a few of my mates did likeswise and are going to Majorca with family etc straight from Seville. Others are just giving it a miss as next summer will be costly and they are saving the cash. 

I think most who go will get tickets. 

Hope so, enjoy Majorca & hope the game doesn’t spoil your holiday 😜

I hope you're right that it will go low. I'm on 12. My sons on 11. Go to all home games. Had travel etc sorted for a while, as during school holidays, doubling this up with Disney. Fingers crossed it'll go to 11 and we'll both get. Would be my sons first away game as well. Be gutted if we don't get tickets.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Its a friendly, it's there for the team. 

Nots sure we're in position to pick and choose who we play based on how many tickets we get. 

It’s tough for those hoping to climb the points ladder though.  I missed an Ireland ticket last year by a point so went home end.  Had I got that I’d have got a Norway ticket this year instead of home end again, and I’d be on 16 points so would get an away ticket for this and 18 points, rather than home again, still on 12 and still having to book flights and hotels while they’re cheap and hoping for tickets.  

I didn’t even attempt Cyprus cos I had no idea if I could get a ticket, and by the time I’d find out, well, it’s an island and flights would be too expensive  

Still think the system is fair, but they could’ve surely sorted these particular tickets out months ago?  

49 minutes ago, adamntg said:

It’s tough for those hoping to climb the points ladder though.  I missed an Ireland ticket last year by a point so went home end.  Had I got that I’d have got a Norway ticket this year instead of home end again, and I’d be on 16 points so would get an away ticket for this and 18 points, rather than home again, still on 12 and still having to book flights and hotels while they’re cheap and hoping for tickets.  

I didn’t even attempt Cyprus cos I had no idea if I could get a ticket, and by the time I’d find out, well, it’s an island and flights would be too expensive  

Still think the system is fair, but they could’ve surely sorted these particular tickets out months ago?  

I'm all for having a go at the SFA but a lot of the host nation are the ones calling the shots. 

I share you pain, i''ve been in your position before. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Bet you were really glad you got a home end ticket for the Ireland abomination. 😂😂

9 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Suppose so but still think he would have felt just as good in Norway whether he had been in Ireland or not. 🤔

Nah, can't agree with that. It's the humiliations like Dublin that make you really appreciate the great results when they happen. 🤣

57 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Nah, can't agree with that. It's the humiliations like Dublin that make you really appreciate the great results when they happen. 🤣

Seemed to me that every single Scotland supporter in Oslo was full on celebrating and i'm quite willing to bet a lot hadn't been in Dublin. Didn't seem to make any difference to their level of celebrating compared to fans who had been in Dublin. Just an opinion but there you go. 🤔🤔