Balotelli - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Excuse my ignorance but why is he in trouble for swapping his shirt at half time.. he was getting substituted was he no?

does not seem a major issue to me, what is he guilty of?

I don't think he knew he was getting subbed at the time.

I doesn't really reflect well on the player when your team is getting gubbed 3-0 at HT and you seem to put more effort into getting a souvenir than you actually put in to the game.

He's a lazy fecker and I'm amazed Rodgers signed him.

If he'd run the length of the pitch to get it, I'd understand, but if anything Pepe has approached him.

(If he really wanted a souvenir, would he go to pepe 1st?)

Not something I'd do myself until full time, but a complete non story.

Simply because it fits the narrative the media want to portray.

Aw, come on.... surely you'd be pretty hacked off if one of your players swapped shirts at half time when your team was getting horsed - pretty poor attitude from the player I think

Aw, come on.... surely you'd be pretty hacked off if one of your players swapped shirts at half time when your team was getting horsed - pretty poor attitude from the player I think

I honestly don't think i'd care. I'd be more interested with his performance on the pitch, not something trivial like swapping shirts.

Agree with the general consensus that it is unacceptable for a player to swap shirts with the opposition at half time. I find it both disrespectful and unprofessional to be doing it when there is still 45 minutes left to play, never mind your own team are three goals down. You should still be in game mode throughout the 90 minutes including half time, at the end of the game is the time to shake hands and swap shirts if thats what you're into.

Balotelli has done himself no favours. Its a little bit amusing as everyone was laughing at Arsenal for buying Welbeck when they could have got Balotelli, on retrospect they have made a decent signing.

Excuse my ignorance but why is he in trouble for swapping his shirt at half time.. he was getting substituted was he no?

does not seem a major issue to me, what is he guilty of?

This half time shirt swapping lark seems to happen on the continent quite regularly. Balotelli showed a lack of awareness given the circumstances and his predicament, nothing more though. English media being English media.

Agree with the general consensus that it is unacceptable for a player to swap shirts with the opposition at half time. I find it both disrespectful and unprofessional to be doing it when there is still 45 minutes left to play, never mind your own team are three goals down. You should still be in game mode throughout the 90 minutes including half time, at the end of the game is the time to shake hands and swap shirts if thats what you're into.

Balotelli has done himself no favours. Its a little bit amusing as everyone was laughing at Arsenal for buying Welbeck when they could have got Balotelli, on retrospect they have made a decent signing.

Is Wellbeck a footballer ? Really ?

To me you should only swap shirts after the second leg of a tie (if it's two legged), after a single knockout game, or if it is the second and last time you have played in an international qualifier.

Swapping shirts after a Premier game is bull Shife.

J